“Good omelettes (can order without sides of carbs) & great guacamole”
Review of Blue Plate Diner

Blue Plate Diner
Ranked #57 of 1,412 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Everyone in our group was skipping carbs so I can't speak to the great looking burritos but our group of four had three different omelettes: chili verde was great! the Denver was very good, and the ham & cheese was filled with ingredients. They served them a la carte. Get a side of the garlicky guacamole no matter what you order and you won;t be sorry.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Blue Plate Diner

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I have been trying to dine here for 3 years but it never gets in our schdule when we are visiting SLC. Well last night I made it happen and I can't wait to go back and try other things. I was in the mood for breakfast for dinner - and they delivered for $9.99 - yes you read that right - 2 eggs, 2 pancakes - bacon and home fries that were delicious - called the Gordon. I ordered my bacon crisp and it was the best bacon ever! And I got 6 pieces - not a measly 2 that most diners bring to you. WOW. Eggs were over easy perfect. Pancakes were so yummy! Home fries- done to perfection but needed seasoning. I will be heading back to try more comfort food delights - meatloaf comes to mind.

Service was prompt and friendly - mind you it was 45 minutes to closing and a Tuesday night - only 3 tables full. They have covered patio seating - but no pets allowed :(

This is a must go place. Diners, Drive-In's and Dives got this one right!

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Food was excellent- I had the breakfast special. So good we will be back on Monday!
If in Salt Lake, check it out!

Reviewed 10 June 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for classic diner food with friendly service - this is your place. I had an omelette that was filled with diced ham and cheese, a classic that hits the spot. I'll be back!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

This is a fun diner in both food and decor. Lots of good comfort food and some Mexican specialties. I was with my family, six adults and four children. They had no trouble accommodating us at one large table. We all had something different, and each menu item looked very good. There are a number of salads, and sandwiches, and plenty of burgers. Also your choice of lots of toppings for the burgers. The portions are just right for a hungry person. My meatloaf sandwich was warm, on toast with grilled red onions. Almost like homemade. Others at our table had the pulled pork sandwich, classic cheeseburger, barbecued chicken salad with black beans, and a burrito, all which looked very good. Our server was very attentive. There was a little wait for some of the food, but that was okay because it was made to order. It's also obviously a local favorite. They also serve breakfast and dinners, along with a variety of coffees drinks. Try it. You'll have fun.