“Best Indian Food in Utah”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bombay House

Bombay House
Ranked #3 of 1,385 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Utah
“Best Indian Food in Utah”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have tried many indian restaurants in Utah and Bombay House has the best food by far. There are places that have shorter waits and are newer, but are hit and miss with the quality of food.

• Visited February 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced-Overhyped but a Typical Indian Restaurant”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Pros :
1. The atmosphere inside the restaurant is really good
2. The staff are courteous
3. The food tastes good ( but most of the dishes are sweet )

Cons :
1. Definitely over priced (lassi-es especially. They are not that proper either. )
2. They take forever to serve the food. Most of the time, I lose my appetite before the food arrives
3. The dishes are Americanized ( spices are reduced so not a typical Indian food if you are looking for one )
4. Location of the restaurant

Overall : I would visit the restaurant once in a while but definitely not in the list of my top favorites.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank BalajiRS
Murray, Utah
“Casual, excellent service, great food, good prices.”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We had one glass of house white wine, two Kingfisher beers, the deep fried vegetable poraka (deep fried vegetables and chic peas with two sauces. (excellent). Service was polite, efficient and friendly in a comfortable atmosphere.

For the meal we ordered mildly hot vegetable masala (hot might have been too hot and I like things spicy) and the chicken bollywood mild. It came with white rice. We also ordered the garlic naan bread and it was so good we had seconds.

I'm mostly vegetarian, so I think this will be my go to restaurant for those choices in the future.

All service was provided by friendly and efficient males. Food was delivered quite fast. We ate on a Wednesday evening and the place was about half full.

I honestly can't think of anything to complain about. Food was great, prices reasonable, service fast and efficient, great atmosphere and we even had enough left over to take a box home for later.

Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2012
salt lake city
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, fantastic service.”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This is a wonderful place to eat and enjoy a different cuisine in a very nice setting. Every effort is made to explain things that might not be familiar to the uninitiated. Friendly folks in turbans make this fun for everyone...including my 98 year-old mother.

• Visited December 2011
Newport RI
“Bombay House continues to be great”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

My wife and I recently got back from our yearly ski trip to Salt Lake City. We always like checking out the local restaurants and revisiting our favorites. One of those is the Bombay House. We like good Indian food and are never disappointed. There are a wide variety of choices and it’s always well seasoned and tasty. I like hot food while my wife likes mild so appreciate being able to order different levels of spiciness (from mild to hot). As someone said, the choices are fairly “standard” Indian dishes but we don’t get Indian food all the time so it’s nice to recognize choices we like. Another important thing is that the atmosphere is wonderful and relaxing and lets you feel you are in a different world for a little while with the décor, background music and aromas. We like to go earlier for dinner when it’s less crowded as this restaurant can get crowded at the popular dinner times. It’s always interesting talking with the waiters and often one of the brothers that own and operate the restaurant. We really liked the Bombay House, Tucci’s and PF Chang’s but think we are going to take Red Iguana off our list.

• Visited March 2012