“Holladay location ”

Ranked #60 of 1,413 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 12
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: Conveniently located in the revamped Liberty Park area of Salt Lake Ciy, Pig & A Jelly Jar restaurant serves a fresh, from scratch menu with a unique twist on Southern comfort food. The Pig serves up house made sausages, waffles, fried chicken and jams as well as a creative yet approachable menu. We love being in a walk-able location, and providing scratch made breakfast in a fun and inviting urban environment. We are excited to bring that same look and feel to Historic 25th Street in Ogden, Utah with our second location- Pig & A Jelly Jar II.
Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

First time, and we had the breakfast sandwich and the pig burger. The fries with the burger just seemed soggy. I'll try a different side next time. I didn't care for the jam on the breakfast sandwich, next time I'd ask them to substitute bacon jam. The pig burger was awesome--if you do An add on just bacon. At the end of our visit I noticed they had jams on shelves for sale tucked away by the bathroom. It should be more prominent by the front door. Would have been nice to see what they had as we waited to be seated. Next time Thursday night $5 chicken and waffles.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Pig & a Jelly Jar

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The place is a second use pizza place so not a big place. We were seated right away. This supposed to be Southern comfort food but they don't even have sweet tea, ho Un-Southern is that? Ordered the chicken and biskit and ask for gravy. The chicken and biskit was served as sandwiches with fried potatoes both were very good. Can't tell you how the gravy was since I'm still waiting for it. Good food my son had biskits and gravy and raved about it. Daughter-in-law ordered a burger that was huge with it she ordered bacon on it which they forgot also but she did ask for it and it was thick slice but not very crispy.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

Ate breakfast here with a local friend based on her recommendation. Food was excellent. I ordered the ham hash with egg whites rather than sunny side up eggs. The flavors and textures were GREAT.

Friend ordered the veggie egg scramble. It came with with toast and two homemade jams, both very unique.

Food was really good.

Service and the overall vibe from the staff were excellent.

Neat place, great local spot.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We had a decent lunch at Pig and a Jelly Jar. We sat outside on the patio in the shade but it was plenty warm. The server was attentive with water refills and such but the food took a very long time to arrive. The salad I had was interesting with the salsa in addition to the dressing. Pretty spicy but tasty. Lots of kale for greens.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

Everyone at the table loved the food. I ordered a hamburger and it was just ok. They have gluten free buns but they were terrible and they couldn't toast it because of the cross contamination. Need a GF dessert too. The chicken and waffles that my daughter had looked great.