All reviews the concierge lounge temple square gallivan center self park within walking distance salt lake hotel restaurant downtown attractions room service few blocks attending a conference location is excellent beautiful hotel large bathroom central location bit dated would highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Property is extremely dated throughout. My room was extremely loud, up all night. Location is nice; however, I will certainly stay elsewhere on my next trip to SLC. Extremely overpriced for what you get. Lastly, absolutely no upgrades for elite members. My room was directly across from the ice machine which was frustrating.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Sales-Director-SLCCC, Director of Sales at Salt Lake City Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your honest feedback as it is the best way that we can learn where we need improvement, including recognizing our elite members. I'm happy to report that we are in the process of renovating the guests rooms and are about 80% complete. We are also in the middle of preparation for a lobby renovation once the rooms are fully completed. Please consider to come visit us again so we can show you our new product.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Really central and an easy walk to everything. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Bar was quiet and will close early if not busy. Gym was good with a split level weights and cv area. Pool was warm and the jacuzzi was great! Hit it early to avoid the crowds. Food in the restaurant was okay but there are some much nicer places within 5 min walk of the hotel!

Breakfast in the room was lovely and the staff were brilliant, always on time, friendly and happy to help. Loved it!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Marriott hotels are my normal go to in any city as my top tier status will show. From the concierge lounge to the complimentary upgrade they normally never disappoint. Sadly this Marriott is incredibly disappointing and I’m only one night into my stay. So far I’ve learned that it’s extremely common for the concierge lounge to close at noon on Friday in Marriotts. Of course I know this not to be true but the fact that they can utilize this ridiculous excuse with such conviction is quite impressive on its own. With the lounge closed I headed over to the restaurant in an effort to utilize my complimentary breakfast. As I began to peruse what appeared to be a great selection of delicious breakfast items I was abruptly interrupted by a staff member and told that only the cold items in the far corner were included as my benefit for being an incredibly loyal customer. After spending over 100 nights a year consistently in Marriott/SPG properties maybe my expectations of uniformity across properties are too much. Well, at least at this poorly managed hotel.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Doug K, General Manager at Salt Lake City Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Justin E-

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay at the City Center Marriott.

We are sorry the hotel and specifically our handling of the Marriott Rewards Elite breakfast fell short of your expectations. As a Gold Rewards member, you qualify for complimentary access to the hotel’s concierge/executive lounge, although as you noted the lounge is closed on the weekends. This decision is based on past customer experiences and we do not anticipate opening the lounge on weekends in the future. Please consider taking points instead of breakfast vouchers on weekends as the program offers the member a daily choice of continental breakfast for 2 in the restaurant OR 750 points.

Thanks again for your comments and please contact me personally regarding any additional concerns.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Loved the location in this central area of downtown SLC—Walking distance to lots of great restaurants. Staff was ultra friendly and accommodating of an early checkin request. The bathroom was larger and stunning—one of he best I’ve seen in any Marriott.

My particular oddities might just be unfortunate timing. Concierge lounge coffee was broken—but without ever putting up a sign so it took many, many tries to figure this out yourself. I had to ask a staff member who told me it was indeed broken. Then watched others have same issue while no staff explained this proactively to them either.
Most odd to me was that on checkout morning, cleaning staff was in my room changing sheets and prepping the room at 7:30 am— before I checked out. They were apologetic but not sure how that kind of mixup happens.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Sales-Director-SLCCC, Director of Sales at Salt Lake City Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Thank you taking the time to supply comments regarding your stay at the Salt Lake Marriott City Center. We enjoyed learning that you loved the location of downtown Salt Lake City and the amenities our city has to offer. It is always pleasing to hear that our staff was ultra-friendly and accommodating, and the room features were appreciated.
Your comments regarding the coffee machine are unfortunate. The machine had some challenges over the last couple weeks and each time we thought the issue was resolved something else would not work. Our sincerest apologies for dropping the ball with our lack of communication concerning the situation . This challenge will be resolved shortly as we are in the process of replacing the entire machine due to these issues. Your feedback is greatly appreciated as it supplies us with information to perform our jobs better and make corrections to help provide exceptional service.

We appreciate your positive comments and again, I apologize for our shortcomings.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Finally time to goof off in the city. Stayed near everything. Uber is low cost in this part of the city. Recommend you go and stay. Food is good at the hotel. Close to the temple to see practice. Good rate booking direct. Reception desk friendly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple