“Great small plates”
Review of Eva

Eva
Reserve with OpenTable
Eva is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,445 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 300 S.
Description: Eva is dedicated to and named after chef Charlie Perry's great grandmother. Eva Coombs passed on her respect for quality ingredients, an emphasis on the nourishing benefits of food and most importantly, the shared pleasure of eating. At Eva, our tapas style dining promotes a communal sense of enjoyment. We have an extensive and varied small plates menu, craft cocktails and hand picked wine list.
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Eva restaurant is a very nice restaurant. They offer small plates for sharing. Great dishes; salads, pizza, we loved the chicken and pork ribs. Good wine choice and friendly staff.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

My wife and I had a delicious dinner at this popular, contemporary spot. They specialize on small plates, which is a nice way to get to sample more tastes.

We got off to a good start with the peach salad, went onto the grilled corn (spicy hot but great), Eva's steak (tender, accompanied by tasty fingerling potatoes), moved onto the wild mushroom pizza (no tomato sauce, but no complaint) and finished with the shrimp and hominy, another winner.

My wife had the oaxacan punch which was good, too. I had a beer from a good selection.

Service was relaxed and friendly. Everything arrived in a timely manner.

We would definitly return for another meal on our next visit to SLC.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

One of the best tapas or small places I've visited. The sautéed Brussels sprouts were outstanding. Also the rice balls and shrimp dish was also very good. The only negative was I was full too soon and couldn't try a few more items. Service was very good; prompt and friendly.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

We had dinner here with our daughter Eva. Eclectic menu choices and dishes for sharing. Wonderful and interesting taste combinations. Will return next trip to SLC.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Went over to Eva a week ago for date night. We got sat with in a few minutes as the restaurant does not take reservations on the weekends, not a big deal. We sat for about 15 minutes as restaurant staff passed us over and over without any acknowledgement including the hostess that sat us. There was a server who had a table on either side of us and he too did not acknowledge us, really disappointing. My partner finally got a bit annoyed after looking at the time and stood up to leave. With in seconds a server comes up and asks us to give them a chance as there was a shift change and she did not notice us, she would buy us an appetizer as a recovery, so we obliged. The meal it self was alright, nothing edgy or exciting, everything tasted good and balanced, we had pork cheeks, asparagus with egg, calamari. Drinks were not bad but also not exciting, the Spanish steps was a mediocre attempt at sangria flavors. Our server was kind of there but not all that attentive. When we got the check she comped us the cheapest item on the check, that was cute and a little pathetic.
In short, food was a little pricey which is understandable depending on the sourcing and it tasted good, not memorable but good; drinks conceptually were good, my partners drink was tastier than mine but I cannot recall what it was; service was pretty bad from first impressions and no employees caring if we were attended to, to service recovery being shameful. I did not, and do not expect getting massive comps on a check even if there was a little snag in, lets say ignoring my table for 15 minutes as I sit down, but at least try to make us feel that you want our patronage not just our money, and if you say you will take care of one of our appetizers, you don't need to get the most expensive one but don't take off the cheapest one on the check, that's just pathetic.