Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast
La Quinta Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$ 130
Courtyard Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$ 100
Courtyard
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 130/night.

US$ 110
US$ 103
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 124/night.

Hyatt Place Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$ 145
US$ 134
US$ 149
SpringHill Suites Salt Lake City Airport(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$ 112
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 138/night.

Radisson Hotel Salt Lake City Downtown(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$ 136
US$ 120
Radisson
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 153/night.

Metropolitan Inn(Salt Lake City)
US$ 76
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 96/night.

Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City South(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$ 127
US$ 123
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 137/night.

University Guest House & Conference Center(Salt Lake City)(Great Value!)
US$ 164
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 January 2016

If I could provide a rating less than one star......I would. I was looking forward to my stay in January (which happened to overlap a tradeshow in town). I had booked my room online three weeks prior to my stay, and with just over a week before my stay, they had called and left a message that they had an issue with the reservation and had cancelled my stay due to over booking. I'll re-iterate....they left me a message. Not what I would call good customer service given that I was flying in for two days. I was not offered a free stay in the future, or aid in finding a place to stay. Not even an apology for making a severe mistake while the entire town was booked up. Instead, I received a transactional message on my phone. With only a handful of days to book a room, I found myself with ZERO options. I wound up paying over $500 a night at a hotel that was taking advantage of the situation. This experience left my very upset with their service and how they managed the situation. To make things worse, I realized 16 days later that they had billed my credit card and did NOT provide me a credit as stated in their message. I've left them messages in return, and awaiting a follow-up. Overall thoughts: poor customer service, didn't correct an obvious mistake on their part, and painted a poor image for Salt Lake as a whole. Do yourself a favor, book with a different establishment with a sense of honor and has an inclination of what customer service looks like.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian G
Daniel A, Owner at Ellerbeck Mansion Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Unfortunately this person never made a reservation with us. We sent him the quote but he never took the final step and booked it. When he showed up at the door, we explained that we didn't have a reservation for him and we showed him that he didn't ever click on "book it". He admitted his mistake and was apologetic, but I guess later on he needed to lash out and blame someone else for his mistake. Not a review that should be considered by anyone else.

Reviewed 8 February 2015

Every year for our anniversary we stay in a different bed & breakfast in the Salt Lake/Odgen area. This year we chose the Ellerbeck Mansion.

We stayed in the Autumn Winds suite which is upstairs and appears to be the largest suite on the 2nd floor. The room is fairly large and spacious and has an attached 1/2 bath (shower & toilet) and a sink & mirror right in the room. A large TV is mounted just above the door with cable TV piped in. The room has beautiful wood floors and includes a king size bed, a nice sitting sofa, a small table and two chairs, an armoire, two end tables, and a large chair with ottoman.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was nice and warm (we stayed in Feb). If you're a light sleeper though, I'd recommend a room on the back of the house (Calm Sea's or Summer Hill upstairs or Christmas Dreams downstairs) as there's a fair amount of traffic that drives by the house on B Street even late into the evening and a bus comes by every couple hours as well (local transit authority bus). Because the home is older and has single pane windows, you can hear what's going on outside pretty well.

The hot water in the shower was great! Although, when water is running, there's a strange sound like a pump running or something; almost sounds like pigeons, but it only happens when the water is running. Even when guests from other rooms are showering or using the water, the sound is there. I chalked it up to it just being an older home.

The room has a fireplace where you can burn a real wooden log, but I believe Salt Lake City has a "no burning" policy in place when we stayed, so we weren't able to utilize it (bummer, would've been fun).

One niggle about Autumn Winds. There's a locked door in the room that goes to the bathroom for the Spring Breeze suite. It's just to the left of the sink. When guests from that room are using the bathroom or showering, you can hear them pretty well through the door. It's locked and all, but it was still a little strange to be able to hear the other guests (I wondered how well they could hear us as well).

It's still a great room though and was really nice & spacious.

We checked in early and went to dinner and upon our return the covers were turned down for us with some delectable chocolates waiting for us on the bed as well. YUM!

Breakfast:
3 choices. A Denver Omlet, cold or hot cereal, or a yogurt parfait. With your choice of 2 beverages (coffee, tea, orange juice, apple juice, or milk). We chose the omlets. They were served with toast and a nice bowl of freshly cut fruit. Breakfast is served in the front office area that also has a dining table. It's a nicely appointed room with antiques and old maps and pictures.

The Mansion:
There are 2 sitting areas with large fireplaces, one down stairs and one upstairs. The downstairs sitting area is much larger. There's also stained glass windows along the stairs too that added to the ambiance. The front of the home is really nice and just inside is nice as well.

We also looked at the Calm Sea's and the Summer Hill suites as well and they also looked nicely appointed.

Kitchen:
There's a kitchen available for the guests to use with a large fridge stocked with sodas and water and some microwave popcorn available. Everything was clean and well laid out too.

Hostess:
Debbie greeted us and introduced us to the mansion and the room and was great the whole time. We did try & reach her later in the evening with a question and weren't able to, but we figured it was late & she was probably out (we couldn't figure out where the kitchen was, but with a little investigating around we found it).

Parking:
The parking lot is fairly small. Looks like it could accommodate about 5-6 cars. It's easy to access though and was easy to get in and out of.

Wi-Fi:
The signal was strong and worked extremely well. We were able to easily connect with both of our phones and a laptop and were even able to watch a netflix movie without any problem at all.

We've stayed at The Inn on the Hill, Alaskan Inn (up Ogden Canyon), The Anniversary Inn, Castle Creek Inn, The Armstrong Mansion, and now The Ellerbeck Mansion.

The Inn on the Hill was our all time favorite, but it's also the most expensive (large rooms, large breakfast, close to down town), The Alaskan Inn is a close second (huge--but dark--room, huge breakfast, very quiet being up Odgen canyon), The Anniversary Inn (nice, but expensive), Castle Creek Inn (a ways south of Downtown Salt Lake, but very cool ambiance), The Ellerbeck Mansion, and then the Armstrong Mansion.

Each has their own uniqueness and charm. The Ellerbeck seemed to be the most basic of them all and had the smallest breakfast served, but it's still a great place to stay and is an awesome value for the money. If you're looking for something as close to downtown Salt Lake as you can get, The Ellerbeck and The Inn On The Hill are by far the closest ones.

Would I stay here again? If I did, I'd go for a room away from the street (Calm Sea's would probably be my choice). If you're looking for a romantic evening, I'd probably go for the Christmas Dreams though as it looks to be the largest suite and is on the back side of the house away from the streets (Calm Seas is upstairs and above it). If you're just looking for a fun room in a B & B, then any of the suites will do. Summer Hill though is REALLY tiny, so keep that in mind (not a lot of room to move around in there at all).

Overall we liked our stay and loved the mansion.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, choose a room away from the main street) Calm Seas or Summer Hill upstairs, or Christmas Dreams on the main floor.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
10  Thank SyracuseUTTraveler
Reviewed 30 September 2014

The Ellerbeck Mansion is cozy, clean, and comfortable! I stayed for the weekend with some gal pals, and it was wonderful! The location is great--walking distance to Temple Square and City Creek. Debbie took excellent care of us and just thought of everything. The food was delicious, and we felt right at home. The rooms are charming and the entire place is a beautiful piece of history. I hope to stay there again in the future!

Room Tip: The "Winter Dreams" and "Christmas Wishes" rooms were lovely!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abby M
Reviewed 10 September 2014

We stayed here in June of this year, only for 1 night on our trip around the USA.

Lovely house, run by a lovely lady who was friendly, inviting, warm and welcoming. We were earlier than expected so we knocked to ask if we could park in the car park and walk in to the main part of the city and come back later but she said our room was ready so we could come on in.... very nice.

We stayed in the Spring room, it was very pretty, had its own good size bathroom with a shower and an outside balcony to sit out on and look out on to the street.The kitchen downstairs was open to walk in to, there was tea/coffee making facilities and water and fizzy drinks in the fridge to help yourself too.

Breakfast the following morning was very nice with a fair choice to choose from the evening before. Was nice to have breakfast at the same table as other people to listen to their travel stories and the lady that runs the place came to have a chat too.

All in all was a very nice B&B and as unlikely as it is that I will ever be in SLC again, if I was I would definitely stay here!

SLC is a lovely place too!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank zoe1978
Reviewed 16 August 2014

I stayed here last summer, liked it, and forgot to write a review! This is a very nice little place to stay if you are going to be in SLC for any time at all. I was here for about a week, and I used it as a "home base" as I went on a walkabout of SLC. I had never been so I wanted to stay somewhere within walking distance of the sights, but I didn't want to stay at a big commercial hotel. The Ellerbeck is great in this respect. It's out in a nice neighborhood, about a 20 minute walk from the Mall and Temple Square. It is also super accessible to all of the public transport modes that there are. I stayed in the Christmas Suite on the first floor, so no view really, but I didn't miss it as I was out walking around so much. The air conditioner worked just fine and the bed was very comfortable, as was the bathroom. Debbie was helpful and accommodating and provided terrific breakfasts every day of my stay. There is a comfortable living room with reading material, and there is water and soda available in the kitchen. Be sure to note the check in time on your form correctly! A great place that I hope to get back to with my husband :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo