1,050 results
All reviews pioneer park homeless people liquor store room was clean free parking temple square nice hotel few blocks free breakfast within walking distance pool and hot tub cookies convenient location hot breakfast the staff was friendly and helpful would stay again the breakfast area
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed two nights for a football weekend as a family of three adults. Every employee we interacted with was pleasant. The included breakfast was a great selection of hot food choices. The room was very satisfactory, with a couple oddities that did not detract once we got used to them. The closet is behind a curtain where a window would be. There is no dresser, just a few portable baskets. The bathroom door, instead of being immediately inside the room entrance, is around the corner next to a bed. It doesn't have a normal door, but rather a sliding pocket door. I found that if you give the door what you'd think is the right amount of push to close, it invariably bounced back open an inch or two. So beware if you're using the bathroom with others in the room. The hotel's location is downtown, which can turn into a seedy neighborhood real quick. While the hotel may not advertise this point, a State Liquor Store is less than a block away.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2018

I chose this hotel because it was close to the Vivant Center where we were seeing Josh Groban. I heard it wasn't in the best part of town with being across from the Pioneer Park, but we had no problems. Many restaurants in the are although not so many open on Sunday. The hotel staff was very helpful with directions and offering food places that deliver. Breakfast was very good all three mornings of our stay. I will stay here again if I return to SLC.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2018 via mobile

We registered upon arrival and the woman at the desk upgraded us to a suite bc our king room wasn’t ready!
The room was spacious, well-appointed and very quiet.
The breakfast had a variety of delicious choices and one of the staff cleaned your table for you!
The front desk staff were very helpful and professional and helped us book a room in Kanab for our trip to Zion National Park.
Thank to everyone in SLC for a pleasant stay!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2018

This is one of my favorite Hotels in Salt Lake City. They have good rates If you know where to look I still would be to rate for a 4 star hotel. The breakfast is that excellent and the staff was absolutely wonderful they exceeded my expectations but there has to be service skills. I'm never disappointed with my stay at the ham and end downtown I definitely would recommend then

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Internet worked. Room was clean except the presence of a couple of bugs. Linen was clean, bathroom was clean and worked well. Room was cleaned well each day. Room was quite small--hard to move around once we put a suitcase anywhere. No drawers, no closet. It's just perfectly average. For a family of four, we were ok, if a little cramped, but I'll probably spring for something nicer next time I'm in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Joe B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2018

Road,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and posting a review. I apologize for the presence of the bugs, they are harmless box elder bugs which are common to Utah and come inside when the weather turns cold. We have already contacted our pest control company to deal with them. I also apologize that your room was cramped for your family. When we renovated the hotel we replaced the armoires with the soft closet to reduce the floor space that was used for the closet space. It works very well for most of our guests, however can be difficult if you have a lot of items to hang up. If you would like to talk with me about your specific concerns please call me at 801-741-1110.

Joe Bessette