Stayed here, rather than within walking distance of my edge-of-downtown business destination, due to surprisingly high hotel rates the week I was there for some reason. The location was still plenty convenient; just a few minutes from the airport, and the same from downtown.
The interior and rooms both were clean and looked fairly new. Nothing was shabby. The place was quiet. I never felt unsafe there.
Two major issues happened, however. One is that the Internet got so slow that it was unusable every evening. It was fine in the morning, but not so in the evening. Staff were unable to help. A later complaint revealed that they were aware of the issue and "working on it", but it seems like more attentive care could have detected and prevented oversubscribing their line.
Secondly, the person in the room next to mine, started smoking. This is a non-smoking hotel, and due to allergies, I am sensitive to smoke. A visit to the front desk produced a response to take care of the issue immediately, so in expectation of that I returned to my room rather than go through the hassle of asking to move. Nevertheless, the smoke smell did not abate until the following morning. I do not believe that the staff followed up very well to ensure that guests complied with their policy while in the hotel.
I did not bother with the free breakfast. I'm sure it was fine, but although the area was furnished more nicely, the food itself looked nothing different than you'd find on the free food at a Super 8. I stopped at Einstein's on my way to work instead.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown is located just blocks from Temple Square, the Salt Palace Convention Center and the Energy Solutions Arena. We are within walking distance of shopping, restaurants and theaters, and only a short drive to most major attractions.Whether you come to Salt Lake City for business or pleasure, it makes sense to stay in a hotel with the same standard of comfort as the town it serves. The Hampton Inn® hotel in Salt Lake City-Downtown was designed to help you take advantage of the area with style, and to predict and satisfy your every business need...or vacation dream! Our spacious rooms feature king or queen-size beds and many small touches you will appreciate. You can count on our Salt Lake City hotel to offer the relaxing atmosphere and accommodations you deserve. Once you've arrived at our hotel, you'll find a lot of great amenities waiting for you in your room. Need to get some work done while you're with us? We offer free high-speed internet access in every guest room. Prop your laptop on our handy lap desk and type away while you watch TV. Or simply listen to your favorite kind of music by pressing one of the preset buttons on your room's alarm clock. When you're ready for some rest, hunker down for the night in our comfiest amenity yet: Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed.™ The Hampton Bed Experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hampton Inn Salt Lake City-Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Salt Lake City - Downtown Hotel Salt Lake City
- Hampton Inn Downtown
- Salt Lake City Hampton Inn