All reviews nice restaurants and shopping typical marriott within walking distance walk in shower hotel pool turkey sausage few blocks plenty of free parking stay at this hotel again top floor room was clean front desk staff free breakfast convention center temple square the breakfast area business trip
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I can't begin to describe how nice my stay at this hotel was. We were greeted warmly by the front desk staff and given detailed instructions on how to find our rooms. I was so impressed by the room once we got to it. The AC was set at the perfect temperature for the hot day, and everything was perfectly clean and orderly. My coworkers who stayed in separate rooms all had the same experience, and we all slept comfortably. Those beds are to die for! The rooms were all very well insulated for sound, and I didn't experience any disturbance from other patrons in the hall.

The continental breakfast was just amazing with a great selection, which included gluten free options. On Fridays, they have fresh strawberries, which were perfectly sweet and huge! I enjoyed my omelette with bacon, fresh fruit, and a waffle.

I can't wait to stay at this hotel again. The hotel staff, especially the GM Spencer, were so accommodating and helpful.

2  Thank Kol G
Sean H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Hi Kol G,

Thank you for your review! We're all happy to hear that you had a great stay. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Salt Lake City.

Best,

Sean Hill | Operations Manager

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Many restaurants a block or two to the North, so was able to walk to dinner. The room was comfortable but small. Specifically, the closet and sink area is very small. OK for one person on business travel, but may not work for a family. The window actually opened, though admittedly not very far, but it's great to let some air in the room. I had a room on the North end of hotel and was not bothered by the vehicle noise on W 400. Sizable homeless population a few blocks to the West, but not much over that way for visitors so no reason to head that way. Room was very clean and staff was great!

Room tip: Rooms on North side are quieter
Date of stay: June 2017
2  Thank flemingmaf
Sean H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2017

Hello Flemingmaf,

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you were able to try out some of the delicious food options that are so close to us. We hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Salt Lake!

Thanks,

Sean Hill | Operations Manager

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Well located to downtown, freeway system and local train. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Front desk staff (daytime) were excellent with local knowledge, etc. Breakfast was more than sufficient for us and was continuously stocked. Would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Twinparks
Sean H, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Salt Lake City Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2017

Hi Twinparks!

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We love our breakfast and front desk staff too! We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Salt Lake.

-Sean Hill | Operations Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Overall a nice hotel in the city. Quite, rooms clean and new and comfortable.
Front Desk person was never at the front desk. When I arrived late, had to wait for someone to show up from the back. Then every time I went by there was never a person at the front desk. After being in the room, called down to front desk to get a recommendation on a close, good place to eat. Rang over 15 times, no answer, then called back rang another 15 times and no answer. Then waited a few minutes and called back, after about 6 rings someone answered. It wasn't a busy time at the hotel as it was 9:30 at night and they were not busy checking folks in. Got a recommendation on where to go, walked down to leave and no body at front desk. I could have robbed the place and nobody would have known. Then came down this morning and saw couple of folks at front desk, and had breakfast. Went back to the room and got stuff and went down to check out and no body at front desk again. So we just left the key and left the hotel. Wow, not typical Marriott front desk service.
But overall the hotel was very nice and would stay there again.

Room tip: Back of hotel was quite.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank rejohnson
Reviewed 27 April 2017

This hotel is walking distance to much of downtown SLC and you can even get there on the train (and a few blocks walking) from the airport. Staff were pleasant. But my room really needed refurbishing - stinky old carpet and drapes, you know the musty hotel smell. It was NOT due to the cleaning staff. The price is reasonable but I will give it a skip until they replace the carpeting.

Date of stay: April 2017