All reviewsnice restaurants and shoppingtypical marriotthotel poolwalk in showerturkey sausagetop floorwithin walking distancebed was comfortableplenty of free parkingfew blocksfront desk staffthe breakfast areashort stayski tripfree breakfastwould stay here againconvention center
Reviewed 18 June 2016

This is a good location for walking around downtown Salt Lake, they are kind of on the edge of central business district. Walking a block or two on one direction you are in a little more run down area, but heading toward the main CBD you have a great selection of restaurants to choose from.

Hotel is very new, nice, and clean. Staff friendly and helpful. Another great Marriott hotel.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
5  Thank gb2000
Reviewed 14 June 2016

I have been to SLC twice for business and stayed at the Fairfield Inn. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The front desk staffer, Matt, is particularly wonderful. he has been a delight both times I stayed.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
6  Thank Ayo A
Reviewed 11 June 2016

My company spent way too much money for this hotel. Could hear every footstep of the people upstairs throughout my stay. The lighting was terrible and couldn't apply my makeup. The vanity is tiny and is not a business class hotel although the second night was $197.00! Way too much and didn't feel at all like a Marriott. I also asked for my invoice to be sent to me. Had to call back a day later and ask for it to be sent again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

This place appeared to be fairly new. Everything was in great condition. The staff was friendly and the check in was quite speedy.

The location of this hotel is outstanding. You are within walking distance to anything in the downtown area.

This is a great place to stay at a reasonable price.

Stayed: June 2016
4  Thank 406Foodie
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Overall the stay was okay. The breakfast is continental, there is nothing extraordinary. I've also got to say their eggs are definitely not the best. Being here with kids and dealing with the time change, I found myself waking up early to get my kids breakfast before everything is put away. I felt judged everytime with my stack of plates. It wasn't until today that I felt the need to explain myself and told the employee Espi the food was for my sleeping kids. She kindly got me a tray so I could carry their cereal and milk back to the room. That gesture made my stay! It was nice to feel understood.

My other bone to pick is the "heated pool." Day one, the room and pool were really nice and warm. Apparently afterwards there was a complaint the pool room was too humid so they lowered the temperature. The pool was very cold from that day forward (being here a week so far). Only on one occasion were they kind enough to add hot water so it was warm enough for the kids to swim. I mean really no one else was really using the pool but us (we were in and out all day).

My housekeepers, Belen and Teresa were also very kind in changing my linens and making sure everything was very well kept for my kids and I.

Overall, I would have enjoyed it better with more of a breakfast selection and a warmer pool. The rooms were fine, what you see online is what you get. The employees for the most part were very kind, no complaints there. Hopefully, the next few days are better. Suggestion, the pool room wouldn't steam up if the windows which were closed, were opened. That means the pool would be warm and the room pleasant.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family