“Absolutely the nicest rooms in Port Angeles”
Review of Olympic Lodge

Olympic Lodge
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Port Angeles
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I wish I would've stayed here sooner. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. I have driven by this place several times but thought it would be too noisy because of its location however that was not the case. Other hotels in Port Angeles have better views of the water and are closer to downtown restaurants, but the actual room amenities can leave something to be desired. So, if the quality of your actual room is what you are prioritizing then Olympic Lodge is a great choice.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank CasualCamperT
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Olympic Lodge

Reviewed 5 March 2012

If you're from a non-mountainous place like Charleston, SC, you'll get a kick out of this hotel. My mom and I stayed here and loved it so much we stayed 2 extra nights. Likes: Hot tub outside. Beautiful patio/pool/hot tub area. Wonderful fire place (imagine Beauty and the Beast). Great leather furniture all over the place. Quite. Plenty of parking. Good location. Breakfast was good, cooked to order so it's not the quickest but it was great (they made us special omelets and everything). Warm cookies at night. Really friendly staff. Price. :) Dislikes: None!

Room Tip: We didn't have one but I imagine the rooms that overlook the pool/hot tub might be annoying if t...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessie B
Reviewed 29 February 2012

This hotel has a very attractive lobby and pleasant staff. The room was average size, clean and attractive but not very functional. The only electrical outlets were above the baseboards and beneath furniture. The television was an old vacuum tube set housed in a cabinet, with not great reception, that you could not reposition so you could see the entire screen from the sitting area. The bedside clock was impossible to figure out, I tried, so of course the alarm went off in the middle of the night. The shower and toilet area had a sink and the adjoining dressing area also had a sink. So far so good. However the sinks in both areas covered most of the available counter space so there was little room for a shaving kit, etc. Also the only electrical outlet was in the toilet/shower room making it impossible to for two people to use both areas simultaneously with electrical shavers/dryers.

Room Tip: If you prefer quite, ask for a room at the back of the hotel, the front faces a hyway and the windo...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I don't think you can go wrong here! Rooms are quite clean and the beds are very comfortable. Lobby is very attractive in grand rustic fashion. Big fireplace adds to the ambience. The Lodge is situated on a golf course. Great view of it and Hurricane Ridge as a backdrop. Just beautiful. This sets it apart from the rank and file chain hotels. Coffee maker, as always, is a welcome addition to a room. Breakfast was available for a nominal fee, and was a good value.
There is an outdoor pool the youngsters enjoyed. There's internet available on the lobby computer.
I would definitely stay here were I to find myself in Port Angeles again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2012

When we travel, my wife and I usually stay in Hiltons or high end Marriott’s, so I was a little skeptical about Port Angeles when I found that none of these existed. So I turned to Trip Advisor, read the reviews and came to the conclusion that the Olympic hotel was the place to stay. I was right! My wife was impressed with the lobby and overall décor of the hotel. Our room was bigger than most you find and most importantly it was very clean. We were there for the night because the next day we were going to leave the car at the port and go by foot on the Ferry to Victoria. When I told the girl at the front desk what I was doing she handed me a 2 day parking pass to park in the Olympics free parking lot 1 block from the Ferry. What a nice treat! I’m going to write a couple of other review but real quickly, if you’re doing a trip like we did, go to the Café Garden for dinner. I had an excellent piece of fish with Dungeness crab on top…..to die for! It was so good I had to go back and try the Dungeness crab eggs benedict for breakfast…….OMG! This was just as good as the lobster benedict I had in Key West! Finally, if you’re looking for a place to stay in Victoria, look no further than the Grand Pacific Hotel. It was EXCELLENT and right across the street from the ferry dock.

Room Tip: Get the 3rd floor. No one above you!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
0.1 km away
Super 8 Port Angeles
Super 8 Port Angeles
#2 of 16 in Port Angeles

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK