“Nice find in an out of the way place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Olympic Lodge

Olympic Lodge
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Port Angeles
Stuart, Florida
“Nice find in an out of the way place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

When we travel, my wife and I usually stay in Hiltons or high end Marriott’s, so I was a little skeptical about Port Angeles when I found that none of these existed. So I turned to Trip Advisor, read the reviews and came to the conclusion that the Olympic hotel was the place to stay. I was right! My wife was impressed with the lobby and overall décor of the hotel. Our room was bigger than most you find and most importantly it was very clean. We were there for the night because the next day we were going to leave the car at the port and go by foot on the Ferry to Victoria. When I told the girl at the front desk what I was doing she handed me a 2 day parking pass to park in the Olympics free parking lot 1 block from the Ferry. What a nice treat! I’m going to write a couple of other review but real quickly, if you’re doing a trip like we did, go to the Café Garden for dinner. I had an excellent piece of fish with Dungeness crab on top…..to die for! It was so good I had to go back and try the Dungeness crab eggs benedict for breakfast…….OMG! This was just as good as the lobster benedict I had in Key West! Finally, if you’re looking for a place to stay in Victoria, look no further than the Grand Pacific Hotel. It was EXCELLENT and right across the street from the ferry dock.

Room Tip: Get the 3rd floor. No one above you!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank elindoo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (416)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I had never visited P.A. before, and chances are I won't be needing to return (went for a funeral), but I won't soon forget the hospitality and consideration I experienced here. The staff was consistently friendly (even in the wee hours of the morning and when my mom requested extra coffee, pillows, toilet paper, etc, multiple times)! The hotel's chef even arranged a special, private meal for my family and I the day of my father's memorial service.

The rooms were comfortable; I very much appreciated the free coffee in the room! Comfortable beds, spacious. Nothing I can think of to complain about. The free, homemade soup and salad every evening are fantastic. We had this for dinner every night it was offered.

The lobby is a beautiful and homey place to gather. We spent a handful of moments just standing by the fire after the town was hit hard with snow. I went swimming with my little cousin while there was snow on the ground--good time! (Pool is heated)

Nothing bad I can say about this place. Every aspect was wonderful. When we needed somewhere comforting to come "home" to after a few really rough days, the Olympic Lodge couldn't have been better. If I ever make it back to P.A., I will 100% be staying here and only here. Thank you!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany W
Toledo, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed at the Olympic Lodge on our trip to the Olympic National Park in September 2011. The rooms were great. Very large, newly done and modern. The location was perfect as a base point for traveling the different regions of the National Park. There were restaurants nearby in Port Angeles, but we did not have much luck with any of them. Our best best was breakfast at the hotel. There was also a restaurant just in front of the partking lot of the hotel that was also a lounge (called Joshua's). Food here was better than any restaurant in town.
I regret that I did not take any pictures of the room. We unloaded all of our junk into it before I got the chance. But it was done in subtle earthy tones with light colored wood pieces. The bathroom was a beautiful ceramic tile (very modern). Would highly recommend this property. Great location, great prices, great accomodations.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
ryan_french13, Manager at Olympic Lodge, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your post regarding the location of our Hotel. The Olympic Lodge is a perfect base for so many local activities, and we can't stop mentioning our own newly-opened dinner restaurant in the Olympic Room. We hope you will again be our guest in the near future so you can try it for yourselves!
Stevenson Ranch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

The staff is friendly, service is prompt and they go the extra mile to ensure an enjoyable stay. Whether you need directions to a wonderful local restaurant or free parking to catch the ferry over to Victoria, B.C. this is the place to stay.
Loved it so much... we came back!

Room Tip: Get the room with the view.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ADavis91381
Mahomet, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

Well located, fairly priced, great staff. The whole family enjoyed the stay here. Will gladly come back again if in the area. Main reason for stay was to travel around and experience all that the Olympic Peninsula had to offer. This location made a good base to see all that we were interested in.

Room Tip: Staff was very eager to help and offer advice on all that we asked of them. Thanx to a great staff...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank WeLuvCali
Our staff gets a lot of enjoyment from hearing about the adventures of our guests! The lodge is central to many local activities that can be personally endorsed by the front desk agents. Thank you very much for sharing your recommendation!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Port Angeles
3.0 km away
Port Angeles Inn
Port Angeles Inn
#5 of 15 in Port Angeles

Been to Olympic Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK