“Fun, hospitable and great blackberry pie!”
Review of Oven Spoonful - CLOSED

Oven Spoonful
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Friends and I chose this place to celebrate two 64th birthdays. Their name fit into our 60's theme! How fortunate that the placed was in total keeping with the vibe of the 60's too! Great quiche and pie. Owner Karen made us feel right at home!

1  Thank PortAngeles_WATootie
OvenSpoonful, Owner at Oven Spoonful, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Thank you very much for the compliment. We have a wonderful local source for local blackberries from our farmers at Ennis Arbor Farm. They bring them to us year-around. Look for more pie varieties throughout the year.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a great stop for coffee, and they have wonderful fresh-baked pastries, quiche, other lunch items. Everyone is very friendly.

They have a large seating area in the back, warm and cozy, and an outdoor patio for good weather. They've done a lot to make it a warm and homey place!

This is great coffee, the full range of Espresso and Latte drinks. I also buy my coffee beans here.

Try it -- you'll be glad you did.

1  Thank Cat8PA
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Whenever I'm in Port Angeles, I make a point to stop in at Oven Spoonful for my morning Chai latte. They actually have 2 versions - sweet or spicy - and both are excellent. Every time I've gone, the service has been great, the drink has been awesome, and they are super friendly. It's also only $3 for my drink as opposed to $5 for the same size at Starbucks - bonus points!

1  Thank Rochelle R
OvenSpoonful, Owner at Oven Spoonful, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Oven Spoonful. We appreciate your feedback and most of all seeing you in person at our little cafe & coffee house.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We walked by this café and thought it had great ambiance but it was at the end of their day and they were closing. We were staying overnight in Port Angeles, and decided to stop in for coffee and breakfast the next morning (Saturday)

We arrived a couple of hours after they opened and waited 10 min. before being acknowledged by the gal behind the counter. When she did greet us, it appeared as though we had disturbed her from her morning coffee and newspaper.

We ordered a potato frittata, cappuccino and chicken club sandwich. The coffee was great however the potato dish was left over from the day before and when asked if there was a fresh one, the server responded dryly, and said we had to wait an hour.

It was reheated..likely in a microwave and was not palatable. The sandwich had not been toasted or grilled and was lacking in presentation and taste We opted not to wait for the food to be remade as we had to get on the road.

We thought we would grab a couple of sweets on the way out, these too were day olds and not very flavorful. Several people strolled by, peaked in and walked on...I wish we had too. We spotted a café across the street and we will definitely try that next time.
Perhaps it was an off day, one can only hope for their sake.

2  Thank Magikisland
OvenSpoonful, Owner at Oven Spoonful, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to try Oven Spoonful for breakfast in Port Angeles. My apologies for your disappointed visit and especially that you came to our establishment twice. Since your review we have made some significant changes and I'm sure your service would be greatly improved. We make everything that we sell here at Oven Spoonful, including the tortilla de patatas you ordered. We do have a microwave / small convection oven that we use to reheat items from our cold case. I'm sorry that the reheated item was not palatable and hope that you will give us another try. My wife and I have been catering from this location since 2008 and quality is our first priority. Please introduce yourself as a Trip Advisor reviewer and I would happily treat you to another delicious breakfast or lunch. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

lot of delightful choices in the glass case. Put your order in and find a seat. Sip your coffee, watch the foot traffic pass by and enjoy a slice of quiche to start the day. Delicious!