“Great spot for my morning Chai”
Review of Oven Spoonful - CLOSED

Oven Spoonful
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Whenever I'm in Port Angeles, I make a point to stop in at Oven Spoonful for my morning Chai latte. They actually have 2 versions - sweet or spicy - and both are excellent. Every time I've gone, the service has been great, the drink has been awesome, and they are super friendly. It's also only $3 for my drink as opposed to $5 for the same size at Starbucks - bonus points!

1  Thank Rochelle R
OvenSpoonful, Owner at Oven Spoonful, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of Oven Spoonful. We appreciate your feedback and most of all seeing you in person at our little cafe & coffee house.

There are newer reviews for Oven Spoonful

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We walked by this café and thought it had great ambiance but it was at the end of their day and they were closing. We were staying overnight in Port Angeles, and decided to stop in for coffee and breakfast the next morning (Saturday)

We arrived a couple of hours after they opened and waited 10 min. before being acknowledged by the gal behind the counter. When she did greet us, it appeared as though we had disturbed her from her morning coffee and newspaper.

We ordered a potato frittata, cappuccino and chicken club sandwich. The coffee was great however the potato dish was left over from the day before and when asked if there was a fresh one, the server responded dryly, and said we had to wait an hour.

It was reheated..likely in a microwave and was not palatable. The sandwich had not been toasted or grilled and was lacking in presentation and taste We opted not to wait for the food to be remade as we had to get on the road.

We thought we would grab a couple of sweets on the way out, these too were day olds and not very flavorful. Several people strolled by, peaked in and walked on...I wish we had too. We spotted a café across the street and we will definitely try that next time.
Perhaps it was an off day, one can only hope for their sake.

2  Thank Magikisland
OvenSpoonful, Owner at Oven Spoonful, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for choosing to try Oven Spoonful for breakfast in Port Angeles. My apologies for your disappointed visit and especially that you came to our establishment twice. Since your review we have made some significant changes and I'm sure your service would be greatly improved. We make everything that we sell here at Oven Spoonful, including the tortilla de patatas you ordered. We do have a microwave / small convection oven that we use to reheat items from our cold case. I'm sorry that the reheated item was not palatable and hope that you will give us another try. My wife and I have been catering from this location since 2008 and quality is our first priority. Please introduce yourself as a Trip Advisor reviewer and I would happily treat you to another delicious breakfast or lunch. Thank you.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

lot of delightful choices in the glass case. Put your order in and find a seat. Sip your coffee, watch the foot traffic pass by and enjoy a slice of quiche to start the day. Delicious!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Great place for coffee and a pastry but they also have great specials. Sort of an abbreviated menu both breakfast and lunch but all unique. Plus a 15' foot pastry case with both sweet and savory goodies...Lots of creative sandwiches and something different every time...They use local fresh ingredients when ever possible. I had the biscuits and gravy made with local sausage. (: portions were not huge, but that's probably a good thing. Great service, friendly and accommodating. and there are a few private seat out back for those sunny days. They are also a full line caterer. Highly recommended.

1  Thank 2manygr8ideas
Reviewed 24 April 2013

I just moved to Port Angeles from California and my sister and I decided to walk around downtown P.A when we got hungry. We decided to stop by the Oven Spoonful after walking by it. It is a very cute and quaint place. The people were super nice and patient as we couldnt decide what to eat.Well we ordered a couple calzone's.OMG super YUMMY!!!!!! I wish I would have bought 2 more because they were delish.I am definately gonna keep coming back and possibly have them cater any parties I may have in the future.

1  Thank laura s