“It is just O.K. no frills and room was small”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #46 of 67 Hotels in Macon
Reviewed 27 September 2009

This hotel is O.K., but overall the hotel was a little dated and had a slight "musky" smell upon entering the room. I may just be a little spoiled, but I like staying in newer or newly remodeled rooms. It wasn't bad for a one night stay, but for a longer stay I may look into newer options with more space.

Cons: The TV was a dinosaur no movies, etc. , the room was small, the room decor was dated and had a musky odor, heard some trains at night, found a couple of bugs in the bathroom

Pros: Room was fairly clean, Staff is great, Internet connection was great, Breakfast was great, chair with ottamon was nice, fridge and microwave in the room was a nice touch, lastly they accept the government rate

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 August 2009

I travel frequently and this hotel compares to other Fairfield Inn's I've stayed in. Nice & clean and updated looks. The only problem I encountered was that there were no pool towels available when I approached the front desk attendant. I guess they had been busy and had no more left. Other than that, no problems. I would stay here again if I were going through Macon.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 July 2009

First of all I want to commend Brittney and Tonya (manager) for the welcome and service they gave us in a pinch. We were scheduled to stay at another Fairfield just south of Atlanta (on our way to Florida) when we were greeted by fire alarms, evacuations during check in, and a report of smoke in the building. After waiting a very long time for the fire dept to get there to check things out we felt unsafe and called the Fairfield reservation number to cancel that location and find another. We were given the Macon location on Sheraton Dr. They made sure we had everything we needed for a comfortable stay and gave us a nice suite with 2 queen beds and a sofabed to accommodate the 5 of us. We were so pleased that we changed our return reservation so we could stay at this location again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early April for a business trip (I actually tried to stay here again in early May but since they refused to give me a late check out, I canceled my reservation and stayed at the other Fairfield).

Check in was very easy & there were freshly baked cookies, which were very good. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast, the coffee is terrible (& the lady cleaning and stocking it was very nice).

The room was spacious and very clean. The room even included a refrigerator and microwave, which were both very helpful.

Overall, great stay for the money. Had they been nicer to me about my next stay, I would have stayed again every month until December.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2009

i NEVER sleep when i'm at a hotel, and, for the first time, i slept through the night. beds are so comfortable and hotel was quiet. breakfast actually had several healthy options, rather than the ubiquitous weird bacon and powdered eggs. breakfast server very friendly. hotel very clean and quiet, and tastefully decorated. rooms updated and nice. too many down pillows, but we seem to find that everywhere lately. fridge and microwave in room, too. our only complaint was that, even with marriot rewards, room was pricey, at 110.00, which is high for a highway hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family