“Moisture issues and kind of gross, wouldn't stay here again.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Macon
Ranked #39 of 68 Hotels in Macon
Cincinnati, OH
“Moisture issues and kind of gross, wouldn't stay here again.”
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My family and I stayed here in two rooms last week driving through the Macon area. The individuals working at the front desk were very nice and friendly,which is the only reason I gave this Fairfield more than one star.

I average 75-100 nights a year at Marriott hotels (gotta get those points!) for business travel, and this was one of the worst Marriott hotels I have stayed in. I have lower expectations for Fairfield, as the cater to budget travel, but this was below acceptable. There was so much moisture in both of our rooms that any paper left out was wet by the next morning. The musty smell when we walked in should have been a giveaway. At first glance, the room appeared clean, but after a close look, there was quite a lot of hair in the bathroom.

Noise was also an issue due to the train tracks and screaming kids at the pool until it closed at 11:00. (I'm not sure who stays at a place with a tiny no frills pool like that and let's their children stay out until 11:00 anyway).

Even at the low rate, I wouldn't suggest staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 7 July 2011

Hotel employees were nice, rooms were nice, hallways were musty. Here's the kicker- It's not next to the highway, but it is next to the trains. Trains. Not Train. Trains. You will not have to schedule a wake up call. The breakfast was in a small area and was just real average slummish...along with stinkin' CNN blaring on a large screen in that small area for my small children to have to be exposed to until I took liberty with the channel selector.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank brentessee
Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed 8 November 2010

Had originally reserved for two nights. Had also asked for adjoinging rooms for a party of 4 women, asked for no down pillows in room. Arrived around 8:30pm was told there were no more adjoing rooms althought I had been promised one. Elevator took forever to come down! When getting ready to go to sleep, pulled back the comforter and saw a dark spot on the sheet. Upon further investigation, found that the spot was on the mattress pad. It appeared to be blood that had been there for a long time. There was also lots of stains on the pad. Brown and yellow stains. Called the front desk to ask for a replacement --was told that houekeeping had gone for the day but she would try to find another one. She did bring one up--handed it to me throught the door and left. When I went to put in on, it was actually a soiled one. Called front desk back to ask if it was supposed to be clean, the response "Well I got it from the clean area" Then i told her I wanted the number for the other Marriott, she offered to change the room. I agreed and she said she would bring up some keys to other rooms and let me look at them. When she appeared at the door she had a brand new , never been opened mattress pad. Never mentioned the keys. I took the new pad and survived the night. However, come morning, I checked out and wen to the Marriott City Center where service was above and beyond! They did give me $20 off each room. So much for saving a few dollars to stay at a lesser hotel! Will never stay at another Fairfield!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank bss1556
Huntsville
Reviewed 27 September 2009

This hotel is O.K., but overall the hotel was a little dated and had a slight "musky" smell upon entering the room. I may just be a little spoiled, but I like staying in newer or newly remodeled rooms. It wasn't bad for a one night stay, but for a longer stay I may look into newer options with more space.

Cons: The TV was a dinosaur no movies, etc. , the room was small, the room decor was dated and had a musky odor, heard some trains at night, found a couple of bugs in the bathroom

Pros: Room was fairly clean, Staff is great, Internet connection was great, Breakfast was great, chair with ottamon was nice, fridge and microwave in the room was a nice touch, lastly they accept the government rate

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
Southern Illinois
Reviewed 2 August 2009

I travel frequently and this hotel compares to other Fairfield Inn's I've stayed in. Nice & clean and updated looks. The only problem I encountered was that there were no pool towels available when I approached the front desk attendant. I guess they had been busy and had no more left. Other than that, no problems. I would stay here again if I were going through Macon.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business