“Good for large groups”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 August 2017

If you have a large group, it's great because there is something on the menu for everyone and the service is good.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cheddar's Cafe

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Saw mixed reviews for this Cheddars, but went anyway. Glad we did. The staff was very friendly and efficient. The premises were clean. The menu is standard but broad. Really the double chicken thigh/legs were too much to eat. Cannot think of anything to complain about. Still one of our favorite chains for value.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I've been a Cheddar's customer for over 35 years, but I will not return to the franchise due to the horrible experience at the Macon, Georgia location. The first time I visited the Macon location was a few months ago - the restrooms were filthy. My wife, who had never been to a Cheddar's and had to be talked into visiting here by me, informed the manager on duty and the situation was resolved.

My wife and I visited again today - the restrooms were again filthy. The service was slow (despite several servers and Cheddar's employees using the bar seating area as a type of gossip/break area. The bartender mishandled the fruit that went into my wife's drink (which we could see as we were sitting nearby) and seemed annoyed and a little frustrated by the concept that someone who handles money/credit cards should not be handling fresh food.

My wife spoke to our server and informed her that we needed to speak to the manager. The server returned and informed us that the manager had worked a long day, was ending her day, and had no intention of talking with us. We walked out.

I have no interest in visiting not only this particular Cheddar's but any Cheddar's anywhere. I am very disappointed, to say the least.

My suggested corrective action: The manager needs to do a better job of training their employees. Employees should practice proper food-handling techniques and have the ability to explain their food-handling techniques to customers if asked. Employees should not use restaurant areas (ie: bar area) as break areas and they should maintain a professional demeanor at all times when in contact with or visible to customers. And please keep the restrooms clean - this is a restaurant, not a truck stop.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

During our travels from Atlanta to Savannah, we usually take a dinner break in Macon, GA. The first time we stopped at this Cheddar's location, it had the worst women's restroom imageable. The odor reeked throughout the bar. Although I did notice several waitresses enter the bathroom, no one bothered to clean it, or inform the manager. So, I did. I personally took her on a tour and she promptly assigned a team to clean it. That was more than three months ago.

While traveling today, we decided to give it another try. Again, we were seated in the bar area, and we waited and waited for a waiter/waitress to take our order. While waiting, another young man approached us and said that he would take our bar order now, and that our actual waitress was having an emergency and would be here as soon as she could. That was fine. In the meantime, we did notice a group of about 5 staff members gathered in the corner of the bar, laughing and talking about personal problems that they were having, as if it was the break room. We were still waiting for our drinks. We noticed that the bartender finally started making our drinks. My drink was topped with pineapple and a cherry. My husband and I noticed how she (the bartender) suddenly stopped making my drink, and how she joined the conversation with the others. All the while, waving the cherry around as she spoke in her two fingers. No gloves. She then turned and plopped it into my drink.

When she brought it to me, my husband asked if she realized what she had done. She had a blank expression. I asked her to make me another. She frowned and stormed off. I asked another waitress to see the manager.

Finally, after placing our food order with a lovely waitress, we realized that the manager never showed. I asked again, where is the manager? I was politely told that the manager said that she was at the end of a long shift and did not have time!

We got up and promptly left. This manager sets a horrible example for her team. This Cheddar's facility is filthy. We will never set foot in it or any other Cheddar's again!

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. Cheddar's has a variety of scrumptious items on their menu to select from. Their ribs and croissants are delectable!!!