“Worst management ever!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017

During our travels from Atlanta to Savannah, we usually take a dinner break in Macon, GA. The first time we stopped at this Cheddar's location, it had the worst women's restroom imageable. The odor reeked throughout the bar. Although I did notice several waitresses enter the bathroom, no one bothered to clean it, or inform the manager. So, I did. I personally took her on a tour and she promptly assigned a team to clean it. That was more than three months ago.

While traveling today, we decided to give it another try. Again, we were seated in the bar area, and we waited and waited for a waiter/waitress to take our order. While waiting, another young man approached us and said that he would take our bar order now, and that our actual waitress was having an emergency and would be here as soon as she could. That was fine. In the meantime, we did notice a group of about 5 staff members gathered in the corner of the bar, laughing and talking about personal problems that they were having, as if it was the break room. We were still waiting for our drinks. We noticed that the bartender finally started making our drinks. My drink was topped with pineapple and a cherry. My husband and I noticed how she (the bartender) suddenly stopped making my drink, and how she joined the conversation with the others. All the while, waving the cherry around as she spoke in her two fingers. No gloves. She then turned and plopped it into my drink.

When she brought it to me, my husband asked if she realized what she had done. She had a blank expression. I asked her to make me another. She frowned and stormed off. I asked another waitress to see the manager.

Finally, after placing our food order with a lovely waitress, we realized that the manager never showed. I asked again, where is the manager? I was politely told that the manager said that she was at the end of a long shift and did not have time!

We got up and promptly left. This manager sets a horrible example for her team. This Cheddar's facility is filthy. We will never set foot in it or any other Cheddar's again!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Cheddar's Cafe

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great food. Great service. Great atmosphere. Cheddar's has a variety of scrumptious items on their menu to select from. Their ribs and croissants are delectable!!!

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Our service was good and the food, although not what we normally prefer to eat, was actually very good. Catfish was especially tasty. Drinks were good too. We don't usually like eating at chain restaurants but wouldn't mind returning to this one if in the area again.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Every time we go, they mess something up. This time they delivered our entrees first, then our salads, then the bread. We did not get the appetizer by then, so we canceled it. Who wants an appetizer at the end?

I am the one who wants to keep trying. This is a very popular place. Pleasant decor, clean restrooms, friendly servers, and good food at prices that attract the elderly and families with children. On the surface, what could be better? But on over half of our visits, they either deliver things out of order or the servers cannot be found when we need something. And the center section is quite loud, since there are no sound dampening techniques used to keep down the noise. Beyond that, several dishes have white pepper in them that you do not know is there until your mouth burns. My wife is very sensitive to hot spices and will only get the chicken pot pie because of that.

But no more! My family says I have dragged them here for the last time. Oh well..

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Had a great meal for family of five plus grandparents. Preschoolers ar pleased to watch the fish tank while waiting on the meal. We arrived early for a waiting list usually starts by 5:30. Our server was helpful and attentive. Grandparents always get the talipia and half rack of ribs with broccoli and another side. Parents always seem to get one of the wraps and salad and the kids like the chicken tenders and any of the ribs they can brag. A earl treat is their giagantic chocolate cake!