All reviews hardwood floors hotel is beautiful coffee maker breakfast staff railroad elevator tub interstate
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel last night on our return home from Disney World. We arrived at 10:30 p.m. and there was no one at check-in. After approximately 15 minutes someone arrived. We arrived at our room and if it weren’t so late, we would have left due to the dirtiness. The walls of the room and bathroom were streaked with filth. As previous reviews stated, when you turned on the faucet in the bathroom you were sprayed and soaked with water. Be very careful and you might avoid this, but it does not require much pressure to receive a shower. We gambled and slept in the room, hoping the sheets had been changed. It was very disappointing, because the hotel seemed fairly new and the common areas seemed to be clean. There was no complimentary breakfast as there normally is at IHG Hotels. We were rudely asked if we wanted to pay for our breakfast or had a ticket. We were under the assumption that it was complimentary. At that point we decided to cut our losses and leave. We have stayed at three IHG Hotels on this trip and two were extremely dirty. I think we will be switching to the Hilton or Marriot Rewards Program.

Stayed: April 2018
Manager1311, Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
The entire management and team working in Housekeeping Department would like to take this opportunity and sincerely apologize for the cleanliness concerns. We will be surely investigating into this incident and take up as a training tool for entire Housekeeping Department.We would also like to apologize for not serving Complimentary Breakfast been a full service hotel. However we hope that you did enjoy the quality of food been served and made fresh from the start.
We hope to be given another opportunity to show better side of our product when visiting Macon again.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We drove to Macon on a whim cause of the cherry blossom festival which was a total bust cause the blooms had fallen off the trees. We drove up 75N & found a group of motels & picked the Holiday Inn Express cause it looked modern & clean. Should have went to the Hampton which was across the street. The front desk person seemed indifferent to you staying there but the price wasn't too bad & we were tired. You have to use your room key to get on the elevator which is a security measure but a pain. She gave us a handicap room which was very big but you are so far away from the TV, the remote would not work while lying in bed. Direct TV also is a pain as there is mostly infomercials on it. The air conditioner was loud besides there is a train track in the back of this motel so between the a/c & train, it is not a sound nights sleep. The bed & pillows were comfortable. The floor was laminate which probably is cleaner in the long run. The room was pretty clean but had to ask for bath towels & wash cloths as they were not in the room. Bathroom kind of small considering it was a handicap room & had a bath tub as opposed to a walk in shower. There is a coffee maker, micro & small frig in the room. Bill stuck in the door in the morning but went to turn in the keys & the young woman at the front desk could not even be bothered to look away from her phone. They need more luggage carts too. My friend waited for 20 minutes for one & finally gave up.

Room Tip: Get a room in the front of the motel due to the train tracks in the back
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello TouristQueen,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am glad to have you as our valued guest. I am sorry for the issues you had with the service you received and the noise which affected your stay. I am also sorry for the shortfalls you have noticed with your room. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My self and several co workers have been staying at this hotel for the past couple weeks. The first week my room was right by the train tracks. The second week I requested to be away from the train and they accommodated my request. During that 2nd week someone ordered room service and when they were finished, they left their tray outside their room on the floor. The second day that tray was out there a take-out box was added to it. That mess sat outside the room for 3 days. The customer service in this hotel is disgusting. The front desk staff are rude and dismissive. I guess they forgot we actually pay to stay here. My 3rd week here and I'm on the 4th floor. The amount of noise coming from 2 other rooms here makes it impossible to sleep. My head is killing me after working today and this is what I am dealing with from 1030 pm to current time of 1:31am. I had to call the front desk 4 times before I got someone on the line. It would ring many times then go dead. When I finally go through to the front desk I told the young lady that the noise on the 4th floor is unbearable and I need to sleep and I need her to do something about this. I have as much of a right to sleep as they do. Honestly it was like WrestleMania on either side of my room. Again she was dismissive saying "ok that's it? Is there something else" I responded by telling her that's it. She then responds by telling me "there is a way to talk to people"... now I wasn't shouting, I used no profanity and she then states "whenever she gets a chance she will see about it". Really?? Come on Holiday inn you must can do better than this. I travel extensively for business and this is by FAR the worst experience. That being said I as a customer, I have choices to where I stay when on business and for leisure. I will be sure to tell the necessary people at the company I work for why we should never return to this hotel. Especially when the Hilton and others are in this immediate vicinity.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Manager1311, Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of the entire team and management working at Holiday Inn Macon North we would like to take this opportunity and sincerely apologize for the concerns. Your comments have been taken on a very serious note and has been shared with every team member working at the hotel. We ensure that this has been resolved and would like to sincerely apologize again.
We hope to be given another opportunity to show better side of our product and service.

Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

I take the MCAT tomorrow! Though I live in GA.. I could only get a seat for this test in Macon. I love Holoday inn hotels. We alsways stay at an express but this is very nice. Audrey who was at the front desk was very pleasent and quick! She is also the manager of this hotel. Which I was impressed with. I love to see mgmt. Helping out!. The room is clean ..quiet.. and it has a fridge, microwace and a coffee pot! I had boughtmy dinner with me since I wanted to study some more..and all i did was heat it up! My tset site is less than 2 miles away so I do not have to rush. Highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Manager1311, General Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for sharing this positive feedback for recent stay at our hotel. We are pleased to hear that you had enjoyed every aspect of our product and service. Thank you for sharing kind words for manager Ms. Audrey who always go above and beyond to make every guest stay a memorable one.
We appreciate your business and look forward to serve again in near future.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

I'm an IHG Platinum member, I stay at quite a few IHG properties including HI and HI Express. I had a pretty underwhelming experience here. The facility is new, so it looks good. But first problem, the back half of the hotel backs up to railroad tracks, and yes you can hear them and yes they come day and night. After moving rooms, I realized the heater wasn't working, took a couple hours before someone came up to help. When you turn on the sink, it is like turning on a fire hose, the water shoots out of the sink and absolutely soaks your clothes, really poor design. And the moving rooms process took two additional trips downstairs, the staff seemed very indifferent to my requests. They weren't rude, but they weren't very engaged either. It is too bad, the facility has promise, but the service could definitely improve. I don't think there's much you can do about building a hotel 100 feet from a railroad track. I'd find somewhere else unless you're a deep sleeper.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms face away from the train tracks
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Manager1311, Manager at Holiday Inn Macon North, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Valued Guest,
We appreciate your response for recent stay at Holiday Inn Macon North. On behalf of the entire management and team I would like to sincerely apologize for the train concern. Although it has also been an amenity for families travelling with kids but I surely understand frustration for a light sleeper like you. Please call us in advance and we will ensure to reserve you a room towards the front end of the building. We hope that you would give us another opportunity to show better side of our product and service. We would also like to take this opportunity and recognize your Platinum membership into IHG Rewards which truly shows the loyalty you have towards this brand.