All reviewsseafoodthe air conditioningintricate carvingscruise shipkennedy islandback homedive shopupstairsmealsfoyerapproxjettyhuthighlightsimaginationsnorkel
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I really struggle to believe anyone could rate this place higher except if there is a huge variation in rooms. My room was dark with a double bed. Filthy would be the understatement. I have included a photo of the shower, the toilet I couldn't face taking a photo of. It was 100 times worse than the shower. Hot water did not work, room safe did not work. Old air conditioning unit was so noisy, it was better to not bother. When I went to get into bed, as I put my legs down, I could feel sand at the end of the bed! I didn't sleep in the bed as it seemed to me the sheets hadn't been changed. Staff were mediocre. Avoid at all costs although this may be difficult as there doesn't seem much else around.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 June 2017

work takes me to some interesting places and you get use to the differing environments, at the end of the day if the room is clean, the staff are friendly, the food is good and you feel safe then it is a winner. A very enjoyable and pleasant week even though I had to work.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here twice for 4 days then back for 2 days later on.
The staff are friendly and the rooms are Ok, though the toilet ran the whole time and the Air conditioner was iced up, so after I fixed that and cleaned the filter of the A/C it was not too bad. On my return they put me in another room which was better than the first. On our arrival they upgraded us up to the rooms upstairs then tried to charge us for the upgrade when we were
checking out. The rate I had booked was $110 per night online but the charge they were trying to charge was $780 Solomon dollars per night which at the exchange rate of @S$5 to the Aussie dollar was well in excess of what was quoted in Australian dollars. I was able to discuss this with the reception and have the costs adjusted to reflect the correct charges.
On my return I also made sure of the local rate as well and booked the rooms at the correct price.
The pool area is nice and looks pretty at night, beware as there are a few rats that run around at night but they were not a real problem.
There is a little hut near the pool where you can get a massage
organised at reception by one of the room staff. The massage was really good, actually excellent and I had another one on my return journey.
The restaurant is excellent, the food is fantastic. I had crayfish meals most nights I was there and it was tasty and well presented and @$30 Australian. No complaints with regards the food here at the Gizo hotel, and I enjoyed my breakfast of banana pancakes as well. The staff of the hotel are friendly and happy to chat, so over all a really nice experience staying here.
The Wi-if while not fast does work in the reception area if you have a bit of patience while it downloads your emails etc.
Also please note that you will need to set aside $50-60 Solomon dollars to travel by boat to and from the airport as it is on an island across the water.
Finally this is the place to stay in Gizo if you want a pleasant stay and it is close to the markets.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Came here for lunch. The staff were all very friendly and the food was tasty and well priced.
Also purchased some great souvenirs from the front of the hotel and I think for the quality and price it was much better than you find in the big dive shop!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2016

After all of touristy things, we stopped in here for a drink. What a pleasant surprise. There was live music, dancing by locals and meals and drinks. It was a real festive feel and the place was packed with people from the cruise.
I do not know what it is like when there is no cruise boat in town, but on this occasion it was wonderful

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple