All reviews seafood the air conditioning intricate carvings cruise ship kennedy island back home upstairs meals foyer approx jetty hut highlights imagination snorkel
Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here twice for 4 days then back for 2 days later on.
The staff are friendly and the rooms are Ok, though the toilet ran the whole time and the Air conditioner was iced up, so after I fixed that and cleaned the filter of the A/C it was not too bad. On my return they put me in another room which was better than the first. On our arrival they upgraded us up to the rooms upstairs then tried to charge us for the upgrade when we were
checking out. The rate I had booked was $110 per night online but the charge they were trying to charge was $780 Solomon dollars per night which at the exchange rate of @S$5 to the Aussie dollar was well in excess of what was quoted in Australian dollars. I was able to discuss this with the reception and have the costs adjusted to reflect the correct charges.
On my return I also made sure of the local rate as well and booked the rooms at the correct price.
The pool area is nice and looks pretty at night, beware as there are a few rats that run around at night but they were not a real problem.
There is a little hut near the pool where you can get a massage
organised at reception by one of the room staff. The massage was really good, actually excellent and I had another one on my return journey.
The restaurant is excellent, the food is fantastic. I had crayfish meals most nights I was there and it was tasty and well presented and @$30 Australian. No complaints with regards the food here at the Gizo hotel, and I enjoyed my breakfast of banana pancakes as well. The staff of the hotel are friendly and happy to chat, so over all a really nice experience staying here.
The Wi-if while not fast does work in the reception area if you have a bit of patience while it downloads your emails etc.
Also please note that you will need to set aside $50-60 Solomon dollars to travel by boat to and from the airport as it is on an island across the water.
Finally this is the place to stay in Gizo if you want a pleasant stay and it is close to the markets.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2017

Came here for lunch. The staff were all very friendly and the food was tasty and well priced.
Also purchased some great souvenirs from the front of the hotel and I think for the quality and price it was much better than you find in the big dive shop!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2016

After all of touristy things, we stopped in here for a drink. What a pleasant surprise. There was live music, dancing by locals and meals and drinks. It was a real festive feel and the place was packed with people from the cruise.
I do not know what it is like when there is no cruise boat in town, but on this occasion it was wonderful

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016

If you want to be wowed go here! We loved it so much the first time we had to eat here again on our second trip back to Gizo. The seafood is amazing and cooked to perfection. Any thing you have here will be good if not outstanding! They do accept credit cards which is a huge bonus when you have spent all your SDB.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are on the main street which can be a little noisy on Friday nights.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016

On my forth visit to a Gizo I stayed at the Gizo Hotel once again. Requested top floor with water views, this time we had our extended family with us and had three rooms.
Wifi worked extremely well in this remote location. We lost power and water for a day but that is to be expected in a 3 rd world country.
Actually the grandchildren loved the hotel, it'd basic but clean but has a charm about it. Staff are great.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family