All reviews seafood the air conditioning intricate carvings cruise ship kennedy island back home upstairs meals foyer approx jetty hut highlights imagination snorkel
Reviewed 19 December 2016

After all of touristy things, we stopped in here for a drink. What a pleasant surprise. There was live music, dancing by locals and meals and drinks. It was a real festive feel and the place was packed with people from the cruise.
I do not know what it is like when there is no cruise boat in town, but on this occasion it was wonderful

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2016

If you want to be wowed go here! We loved it so much the first time we had to eat here again on our second trip back to Gizo. The seafood is amazing and cooked to perfection. Any thing you have here will be good if not outstanding! They do accept credit cards which is a huge bonus when you have spent all your SDB.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are on the main street which can be a little noisy on Friday nights.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2016

On my forth visit to a Gizo I stayed at the Gizo Hotel once again. Requested top floor with water views, this time we had our extended family with us and had three rooms.
Wifi worked extremely well in this remote location. We lost power and water for a day but that is to be expected in a 3 rd world country.
Actually the grandchildren loved the hotel, it'd basic but clean but has a charm about it. Staff are great.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2016

I would have to say that my most recent stay in the hotel was one of my most enjoyable!
The new staff and management are absolutely terrific attending to all requests and always very helpful.
Geoff, Greg and Becky are an awesome management team, always smiling and happy to assist. I spent a lot of time in the reception in the evenings to access the free Wi-Fi and often had a great laugh and conversation with these guys! Even sometimes a sing along.
I shared a triple room which was comfortable and I scored the double bed. It had a fan together with A/C which made the room pleasant to sleep in.
We had a clean functioning fridge to keep the SolBrews chilled for after diving and the coffee and tea facilities were generous.
Beds were clean and comfortable and the house maids tidied up after us everyday always with a smile and fresh flowers on the bed.
We once had a problem with a poorly functioning shower head which was replaced within moments of reporting it to the maintenance crew.
Pool was clean and a great temp for a dip.
The kitchen and bar staff especially Ellen were fantastic. Always a cold beer or water available with a big smile or a hot tea after a long day diving.
Ellen and Mandy cooked up a storm in the pizza oven turning out some amazing tasting pizzas with the group favourite being lobster and anchovies. Yum!!!
Ellen personally kneaded and rolled the dough on her well toned thighs which added to the gustatory experience. She is "very bola" to say the least!
On a few nights we brought our own fish that we had caught to be cooked in the kitchen. I recommend the fish cocktails with coconut and SolBrew batter!
I thoroughly enjoyed my time here and I'll definately be heading back here to stay again in the future. Clean, comfortable, local to wharf, market and shops and awesome staff.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2016

Had a short stay @ Gizo Hotel on work trip and I have to say "Thumbs up" to Becky & Jeff who upgraded me to a poolside upstairs room. The room was clean & had good running water for showers. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel is such a convenient location - very handy to the jetty, market & shops. NO DOUBT best place to stay in Gizo. Will definitely book here again!!!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business