We got ourselves a GrabOne deal for NZD 290, which included 2 nights accommodation at the Skotel Alpine Resort. The deal also include breakfast for 2 person for 2 days, a 3 course dinner for 1 night for 2 person, transport to n from the Tongariro Crossing walk with also a packed lunch on the day you go for the walk.
My husband and I had a wonderful couple of days. The Tongariro Alpine crossing took us 8 hours and we were blessed with fantastic weather yesterday. The packed lunch we took with us for the walk was very good. The transport for our walk were very efficient n were all arranged by the resort.
The resort is quite dated but they r cost n comfortable if you are happy with a clean bed, room n very friendly service. Room 201-211 have a westerly facing aspect, therefore get the late afternoon sun n nice to be able to see on the deck n watch the sun-set.
We are very impressed with the food n the services provided by the resort, despite that we have purchased a package deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Skotel was established in the early 60s by a group of keen skiers who wanted the convenience of accommodation close to the ski-fields but more comfort than the ski lodges of that time. In 1986 it underwent a major expansion with the addition of restaurant, bar and other facilities. The old part of the building became the backpacker’s wing. Skotel has maintained its friendly informal atmosphere but now provides Qualmark three star accommodation and the exciting cuisine experiences of our new dinner menu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Skotel Alpine Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skotel Alpine Hotel Whakapapa Village
- Holiday Inn Tongariro National Park