Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui(Wailea)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
5,592 results
All reviewsserenity poolour honeymoontop notchclub levellobby loungeice waterping pongworth every pennycold towelsmain poolocean viewwaiting listpineappleoutrigger canoeimpeccable serviceadult poolpool staff
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Four Seasons Maui is amazing. Its the top class experience with amazing rooms, lovely restaurants and you can do as much or as little as you want. There are fun free activites like outrigger canoe lessons or you can hire snorkel gear or paddleboards. Just off the beach you can snorkel with sea turtles which you don't need to go on a tour for. One tip with that is do it forst thing in the morning- before 9am thats when the turtles are feeding and getting cleaned just off the beach.

We had a relaxing time here. But one annoyance was the whole 'hogging beach chairs' thing. People have a tendency to put there towels there and then go off to breakfast etc. IF you don't mind sitting on the beach I recommend this over the pool chairs. The serenity pool is very nice to relax and have cocktails in the pool but can also get busy.

Do head out of the resort for meals as there are some great casual dining options in Waliea village - the Japanese cafe is fab and we ended up going there twice.

I also recommend you get a hire car for a day or two and explore the island - I organised a picnic pack with the hotel and we had a romantic picnic at Big Beach which was lovely. The Hana Hwy is also worth a whole day - make sure you stop in a few small towns and go past the end of the Hwy.

The spa was over priced so we went to teh one in the resort next door - name escapes me. It was ok but they have seperate male/female spa rooms so you won't get to hang out with your partner if you go together

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dee_Kiss
Reviewed 24 May 2011

When we first arrived to the Four Seasons, we felt like VIP. We were greeted with refreshements and cold towels as we were guided to check-in. The website company I had used did NOT inform the Four Seasons of our RSVP. Luckily I had the e-mail and the Manager called the website company to comfirm our reservations. We originally had garden view rooms and because of our inconvenience (which was the travel websites fault, not the Four Seasons), the hotel upgraded us to a 2 room full ocean view suite!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say the room and views were breathtaking! Since the hotel has their own beach, we went snorkeling along the natural reef off the beach and saw "Big Pappa" - the 100 year old sea turtle. We also had the hotel arrange surf lessons which was an awesome experience! When I look back at our honeymoon, it will be one of the best vacations of our lives, which it should be. When you want to get away and experience how the other half lives, then you need to stay at the Four Seasons!

Room Tip: Tell them it's your honeymoon!
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brookeandben
Reviewed 23 May 2011

For me 4 seasons in Maui was the greatest experience/vacation of my life.The location is awesome, with a beautiful rock and coral free beach.the restaurants are excellent, the spa is very good, the pools are very relaxing, the beach is superb, and there are a lot of great things to do nearby in Maui.

Overall, I absolutely loved the hotel and cannot wait to go back. it was that amazing. Yes, it’s expensive, but absolutely worth it.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank norahwilliam
Reviewed 22 May 2011

There's not much more I can say that others haven't already said. This was our second year in a row to FS Maui and it was PERFECT once again. We stayed at the Ritz for our first two nights and were MISERABLE. I even tried to call and get us moved to the FS early. I won't do the Ritz again. It's too big and both nights we were there, there was a convention of what sounded like cackling magpies outside of our room. I swear I have never heard middle aged women so loud in my life. Either way, the rooms at the FS are larger and more plush to boot. The bed at Ritz isn't very comfortable either. The lady above our room did everything in high heels so at all hours of the day you could hear her above us.

The weather in Wailea was MUCH better too. The FS is amazing, don't hesitate, GO!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank txtravelinmom7
Reviewed 21 May 2011

Like many others, got alot of help from other reviews here. To start with summary: This location is very much worth the higher price of the rooms and you will be glad you did.

First, we found that the various employees here were uniformly helpful, engaging, and always tried to be as helpful as they could. Even the cleaning ladies were cheerful and pleasant. One day we were out on the lanai of the room the entire time they worked on the room. Instead of just slipping out when they were done, they opened the door and asked if they could get anything else for us. A simple thing, but repeated many times during the stay.

Though i am usually one to spend little time at the place of lodging and most of my time exploring or doing activities, this is one occasion that you may just want to enjoy relaxing with the service provided amidst beautiful ocean/beach/garden views. We did very little offsite for 5 days and were glad we did.

Each morning we found it easy to get up early (because of time change) and enjoyed their open air aerobic facilities with plenty of amenities. For some reason, we both found it very easy to get our exercise "out of the way" here.

Because we booked through whatahotel service we both enjoyed the morning breakfast buffet at no charge every morning. Frankly this was probably the culinary highlight of our trip as the quality and quantity of selection was wonderful and it was simply a delight to enjoy this meal each am. We usually enjoyed this big meal around mid morning and found that the last 3 days of our trip we only wanted two meals a day with this being the first. Another tip: for me i love simpler food--which means cheaper food. Each evening we would take a short drive to Kihei to eat something simple--even plate lunch (which i love) sometimes and then would go to a small place for a different flavor of gelato ice cream each evening. Definitely a situation that kept food costs way down and we enjoyed the food.

The room upgrade we got thru whatahotel was unbelievable--room normally costs above $2k a night

Room Tip: Very satisfied with whatahotel service
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple