“Salty, Overpriced”

Duo Steak & Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Duo Steak & Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 51 Restaurants in Wailea
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Set against a luxurious poolside backdrop, DUO is Maui’s culinary jewel, serving a robust menu of steak and seafood masterpieces. Its intimate and inviting bar, stocked with an impressive international wine list, greets guests as they arrive, and its mixologists prepare refreshing specialty cocktails. A dynamic open kitchen puts DUO's award-winning chefs at centre stage as they entertain and delight guests with their expertise, creating a relaxed and enjoyable dining experience for all. Under the direction of Executive Chef Roger Stettler and Restaurant Chef Bryan Beneke, the menu focuses on an array of prime cuts of steak, including American Wagyu, as well as the freshest seafood and seasonal island produce. A private dining room near the picturesque waterfall pool is the perfect setting for smaller gatherings and parties.
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We were here for a wedding reception, and had high expectations since we ate upstairs at Spago the night before. Located in the lower level of the Four Seasons you can come here for a wonderful sunset, but the food was substandard. We had a porterhouse steak and the ahi tuna. Both very oily and salty. The creme brulee was inedible and none of us wanted more than a bite since it was too sweet and had the texture of congealed pudding. Very disappointing.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

The steak here was excellent! The breakfast was pretty good too, but very crowded each morning.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Dined at Duo twice. 1st time was for breakfast brunch...Made to order hawaiian sweetbread french toast,pancakes,waffles and omlettes...all u can eat plus endless mimosas and bloody marys. It gets better when u go for dinner...Thurs,Fri and Sat nights have all u can eat seafood bar! WOW! Chilled lobster,crab and great oysters as well...fanny bay and kumamoto. Different kinds of fresh poke'. Comes with a french onion soup or caesar and french fries with a truffle dipping sauce. Did i mention half off bottle wine after 8pm!!! Its the four seasons so service is perfection! We're still talking bout it 3 days later! Don't forget the sour apple cotton candy for dessert. T it up...enjoy!!!

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Great choices - hot, cold and continental. It was a great way to start the day. We skipped lunch everyday of our trip because we ended up eating a huge breakfast each day!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

After having a fantastic run of great places to eat in Maui, my husband and I decided on Duo as our restaurant vacation splurge! We were so excited to go after reviewing the menu as we passed by on the beautiful Wailea boardwalk, that we promptly made reservations. Things started off well as we were greeted by very friendly hostesses but initially I was surprised at the large size of the restaurant which was located entirely outside on a terrace with very, very dim lighting. We were seated and our waiter came promptly and was very nice and professional. The menu looked great and was very expensive as we expected. Things started to go wrong, however, when we ordered wine that was cheap tasting to say the least, not what I would expect from a four seasons restaurant but I wrote this off as a result of our own bad choices. When the salads came, the disappointment started to set in. What was supposed to be a fresh tomato salad was simply tasteless. My husband's green salad was wilted and old as though it had been sitting in the humid beach air for hours. After waiting almost 45 minutes for our dinner to arrive, things got even worse. I ordered one of the steak dishes with a wine sauce and half lobster tail on the side. My husband ordered the surf and turf. We also ordered the mac and cheese to share. We knew the night was shot when all of the food came and, with the exception of the mac and cheese, was completely cold. My steak was like rubber with the wine sauce a giant lukewarm pool of gravy like red mess. I chewed and chewed but I could barely get it down. My husband was so hungry at that point, he just dug in and shoved it down. BUT! The worst point was when I tried the half lobster tail. Not being able to see my food due to the lack of lighting, I pulled and pulled to get the meat out of the shell noticing that it took a significant amount of force. I cut off a piece and bit in and was disgusted to find it was completely raw!! I felt nauseous instantly! The entire lobster was barely cooked. After bringing the problem to the attention of a nearby server, they promptly took it away but then brought it back cooked several minutes later but I could not even look at it. At that point, I was so sick, all I could do was take a couple of bites of the mac and cheese, which was actually quite good; hot and sticky. Unfortunately the only remedy by the restaurant was to remove the lobster from our bill. Sadly, the best part of this meal was the cotton candy they brought at the end. We sadly forked over almost $300 for this dining disaster; what felt like some kind of gastronomic citation that has reminded me of that wretched experience every time I review my credit card transactions. Pros: Nice staff, Cotton Candy Cons: See above.

This is the Four Seasons for Christ's sake, seriously? We had better food at the Mc Donalds by the airport.

2  Thank Ecksie J