3,299 results
All reviews ka'ana kitchen lavender lemonade lehua lounge hour market mokapu market ka ana kitchen bumbye beach bar resort fee morimoto restaurant rain shower beach crew modern design our honeymoon tranquility pool four seasons water bottles ocean view
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at the Andaz for ten days, so we were able to check out everything and get a good feel for the resort, service, and food.For comparison, we have also stayed at the Four Seasons, down the road a little way. I think it’s fair to compare Andaz to the FS since they in the same price category.This was my first time visiting Andaz. Pros: Friendly StaffComfortable bedNice pools and a great beach.They have a 24-hour general store for beer, wine, snack, and ice cream. A nice little shop and the only place out of all the hotels in the area that has a 24-hour store. Try the fudge Brownie and giant cookie. They are made fresh daily and VERY good. Cons:The metal chairs outside on the room balcony are the most uncomfortable chair I’ve sat in. I enjoy sitting outside at night for stargazing, but these chairs made it painful. Suggestions for the hotel…Install some cushions and make the chairs something that guests will want to sit in. Something was going on with the hot water. While taking a shower, the water would go hot, cold, hot, cold. This was happening every day on our ten-day stay and at all times of the day and night. Upon asking for a late checkout, the front desk said they could only do it for an extra $$???I just spent $700+ a night and over $7,000 for my stay. It would have been nice if they had been more accommodating for the “2” extra hours I kindly asked for, without asking for more $. This is the first time that a hotel of this caliber has not been willing to accommodate. Very stingy feeling and not a good vibe on my last day at the resort. For comparison, the Four Seasons has always been more than happy to give us a little extra time on our last day, if needed, without being greedy and asking for more money. Again, I was only asking for two hours due to our flight schedule, and the hotel was not full.Room: Décor is lacking and very stark. It’s too minimalistic. The furniture is uncomfortable besides the bed. It lacks personality and a welcoming vibe. It’s also a small room and bathroom.No spa services at the pool – I was disappointed to learn that the Spa doesn’t offer any services at the pool. Something I’ve come to enjoy at the Four Seasons as they have spa reps roaming around the pool areas with a menu. Seems like a huge missed opportunity for the Andaz, especially since they are money hungry.My overall feeling is for this price range; I would rather stay at the Four Seasons.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank A3985IAdavidf
AndazSocial, Manager at Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor. We're disappointed to hear about your situation and understand your frustration in getting the facilities required for your stay. We apologize that we didn't make you feel cared for during your late check-out process. We will share your comments with our leadership team and please feel free to reach out to us directly if you'd like to discuss further. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts as it allows us to make adjustments where needed to perfect our service. We hope if you travel back to Maui you'll give us the opportunity to recover your previous check-in experience and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed at this hotel before and it is gorgeous. Decided that I wanted to return with my family using my Hyatt points. Unfortunately management makes this impossible.

I'm a Hyatt Globalist and I tried to use my points to book a room literally more than one year in advance. No standard room available!!!!! Every other room type is available though. But this hotel will not release their standard rooms so that you cannot redeem your points here at all. Truly shame on them. The Hyatt rewards program advertises that they have no blackout dates, but then they hide room availability in order to create blackouts.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank ZiggyK74
AndazSocial, Manager at Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort! We do still have availability for points bookings into 2019, and would love to work with you to secure a reservation with us. As there are sometimes a minimum length of stay in place, if you can provide us with the dates you are interested in, we would be happy to check our availability. There are no blackout periods, however during our busy holiday months our points bookings do typically fill up about a year in advance due to their high demand. As there are sometimes specific stay length restrictions, something as simple as changing the desired number of nights can show availability which otherwise may not have shown as available. Please let us know when you are looking to come and we’d be happy to provide insight into what we have available.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 4 years ago when we were married in Maui and decided to stay here again for our anniversary. It did not disappoint. From when we arrived (our bags were taken care of so we could enjoy the sunset from the amazing lobby) to the moment we left, the service was top-notch. Scott, the reservation manager, was fabulous to work with. There was a mix-up with our reservation and he was able to sort it out quickly. Martha delivered room service to us twice and was absolutely professional, friendly, and very much had the spirit of Aloha. The views from the hotel are fabulous. The beach below is amtrak's. The only downside is the amenities here are quite expensive, but the Wailea area in general is quite spendy. We will absolutely be staying here again in the future.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Welcome back and congratulations to you both on your anniversary! We're delighted that you chose to spend this very special vacation with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your review. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay and we're glad to hear that you felt the aloha spirit from all of our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It wad our honeymoon stay and we have choosed Andaz hotel for our Two night stay at Maui Island.Andaz hotel staff were all friendly and welcomed us for our honeymoon and we could relax and enjoy the ocean and swimming pool.I loved the food for breakfast :)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Congratulations once again to you and your spouse. We're so happy you chose to spend part of your very special vacation with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience on Trip Advisor. Should your travels bring you back to Maui we'd be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our second visit to the Andaz Maui and it was even better than our first one which was great. The staff makes the biggest difference between the Andaz and neighboring luxury hotels. We have stayed at several of the others and solidly feel that the Andaz is the best overall

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and that the room and resort matched your personal travel style. We're lucky to have such a caring `ohana of staff members that spread aloha through every guest interaction. We're so pleased to hear you felt right at home, this is the exact feeling we strive to create for all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts through this review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.