3,225 results
All reviews ka'ana kitchen lavender lemonade lehua lounge hour market mokapu market ka ana kitchen bumbye beach bar resort fee rain shower morimoto restaurant beach crew modern design tranquility pool water bottles four seasons our honeymoon ocean view
Reviewed 14 April 2018

The title of this review says everything. We absolutely LOVE the Andaz Maui, and have started to visit once per quarter. My partner and I love the ocean front units on the 5th floor. We work with Crystal in guest relations and she always makes sure we're taken care of. When we travel to Andaz again in May it will be our third time this year :). It's just such a peaceful getaway and gives us a little time for R&R. I'm pretty sure our relationship depends on it. :) We like the vibe and clientele. There aren't too many families with kids -- not that families are a bad thing at all, but sometimes it can be nice to have a space to do "adult" things. The fitness room is great, the spa is awesome, the hotel restaurants are wonderful.

So - a couple things:

- Eat at MonkeyPod nearby and have a Mai Tai
- There's a nice little grocery store right down the road. If you stock up on food you can save money on restaurant costs. The restaurants are GREAT but three meals a day can add up quickly :)
- Southside Fizz! Try it!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for ocean front! 5th floor (lobby level) is great
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank asubbiondo123
AndazSocial, Manager at Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time at the resort. It sounds like you created many Maui memories. We are committed to being a staff that cares deeply for our guests, and are thrilled that you felt that during your stay. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2018

As an international event planner it is my job to "judge" hotels before booking them for my clients. I was beyond excited to stay at the Andaz. I never alert management of my visit because I like to see a property in its true form.

Arrival experience - we arrived two hours before the designated check-in time. I knew it was a long shot, but asked if we could get into our room early. The front desk agent said that our room was next in the cue to be cleaned so we were looking at a 30min wait. My husband and I decided to just take a quick stroll around the property to waste time. When we got back to the desk 40 minutes later there was a new crew on duty who fed us the standard hotel check-in language about how check-in was not until 4pm. I told them that I understood, but the previous agent had said our room was almost ready. Again "sorry ma'm check-in is 4pm". SO - we decided to go and grab a bite to eat at the pool bar. We waited 27 minutes before we were even greeted. It took another hour to actually get our food. The order was totally wrong. We didn't even have it in us to bring it up to our absentee server so we ate what was brought. So exhausted and ready to just get into our room - we headed back to the lobby to finally check-in. No problem since it was now past 4pm. WRONG. Our room was still not ready. We finally got into our room at 4:30pm. I believe in setting a realistic expectations - if we would have known that our room was not going to be ready until 4:30pm then we would have asked for our suitcases, put on our swim suits and enjoyed the Hawaiian sun. But because we kept getting strung along it was a waste of an afternoon.

The room - stunning. Clean, great size and wonderful soft goods (bedding and towels). However, our bath tub and safe kept acting up to the point that we had to call maintenance and security to fix it EVERY TIME we tried to use it. Again - a service call that was not answered with urgency. More waste of our time.

The pool - beautiful. There are plenty of places to enjoy the incredible views that the Andaz offers. Our recommendation - rent a car, go to the grocery store and pick up snacks and your own adult beverages because you will rarely see the pool attendants. By day 3 we figured out this hack, but the days leading up to it were a joke. We would literally have to chase down an attendant to be able to place an order for mediocre (at best) overpriced food (which coming from SF... used to high priced fare). For the entire pool deck there were two team members servicing all levels. That's not how you set your team up for success. In this equation - said team members needed to be stellar in order to keep all guests happy. Unfortunately the team members that were there during our stay seemed unmotivated and unengaged.

One call out - the valet team was ON IT. By far the best team on property.

OVERALL: The hotel is stunning and my favorite on the island. If you choose to go to this resort - be prepared to vacation independently and in which case why not just rent an Airbnb? The service is a C- at best in my book, which is truly unfortunately because the hotel and grounds are really an A+. Unfortunately, a terrible showing and enough for me to write off the Andaz for any future clients.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Heather F

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate you sharing your feedback with us. I want to ensure you that at the Andaz Maui we strive to create memorable vacations for all of our guests through high service standards. I'm disappointed to hear that we weren't able to meet your expectations. We will share your feedback with the respective departments and use it as a learning opportunity. If you would like, we'd be more than happy to speak with you in regards to your experience and the opportunities we missed that we could have improved on. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and we hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

My wife and I came here to treat ourselves prior to our second child coming later this year. Fantastic resort with everything you would want. We grew tired of the resort food by the end of the week but that's just good motivation to explore the nearby towns.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank Matt H

Congratulations to you both on your babymoon! We're so happy you chose to spend part of your very special vacation with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience on Trip Advisor. Should your travels bring you back to Maui we'd be delighted to welcome you back.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We recently spent 8 nights at the Andaz Maui. The service at this hotel is second to none!!! We were treated like family from the moment we arrived until the moment we had to leave. The hotel offers a shuttle service throughout the Wailea area. We took full advantage of this service. We were chauffeured around in beautiful luxury vehicles. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful. They all have a great deal of knowledge of the island and its culture. The staff genuinely cared about us and wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

The hotel itself is AMAZING!!!! The 3 infinity pools are gorgeous. The pools provided a very tranquil atmosphere. The grounds are immaculate. The restaurants on sight were also wonderful. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The staff goes out of their way to make sure everything is perfect for you. They even deliver a carafe of fresh water to your room each night. I cannot say enough great things about this resort. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit to Maui.

Room Tip: We chose a King Partial Ocean View and it was amazing
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
AndazSocial, Manager at Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2018

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and that the room and resort matched your personal travel style. We're lucky to have such a caring `ohana of staff members that spread aloha through every guest interaction. We're so pleased to hear you felt right at home, this is the exact feeling we strive to create for all of our guests. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts through this review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

I’m a big fan of this place. If you’re a hotel snob, and I’m one myself, you could complain about silly little things but if that’s you, then step up and go to Four Seasons or something. I prefer Andaz over any other Wailea hotel by far. It’s clean, new, staff is super friendly, amazing beach, great pool for the kids, Morimoto’s is the best restaurant in the area, views from rooms are great, it’s kind of quiet and calm vs the zoo of the place next door, which can remain nameless...lots to love.

It is also by FAR the best value for your money. And that’s the thing to keep in mind. You can spend 2x for a pretty tired Four Seasons, badly in need of a major update, but why bother?

Only suggestions I’d make: no more bingo by the lower pool. That’s just kinda janky. And they need an upscale bar option. That’s seriously about it! Big, big fan of this place.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Andy P

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and that the room and resort matched your personal travel style. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience on Trip Advisor. Should your travels bring you back to Maui we'd be delighted to welcome you back.