My wish list for our family vacation had two things at the top - a lanai where we could enjoy sunsets and whale watching and a location where I could walk out the door and be snorkeling in moments. Unit 505 at Polo Beach met both of those perfectly. We walked along the coastal path that goes by the Fairmont, Four Seasons, the Grand Wailea, as well as other condo complexes and we didn't see anything with better access to the beach or views of the ocean. We snorkeled and boogie boarded every day, often joined by sea turtles. The beach was never crowded. The lanai gave upfront row seats for watching the whales,including breaching babies and tail waving adults.
The unit was pleasantly decorated with comfortable furnishings. The beds were comfortable and you could see (and hear!) the ocean from the master bedroom. The back bedroom was a bit dark - the window looks out on to more of an open hallway than a courtyard view. The bathrooms were fine, though it would be nice to have a bit more lighting in the bath shower areas. The kitchen was a tad small if you had more than one or two people trying to help with prep. It was well-equipped - only suggestion would be to have some better knives (tough to prepare one of the marvelous Maui Gold pineapples with dull equipment) and possibly a better griddle to make preparing macadamia nut pancakes a bit easier. The grill area and herb garden were great!
The folks at Destination Resorts and at the complex itself were very cheerful, efficient and helpful. The complex was well cared for with nice landscaping. It was a peaceful setting - mostly adults though there were also several families with well- behaved children. The pool might've a bit small for some folks, but we were there for the ocean anyway. You couldn't ask or egrets irks ing - we saw a wide range of fish along the south point of the beach. And the turtles were so cool! They would swim right by when we were snorkeling and we could also watch them from the lanai.
I'd highly recommend Polo Beach Resort for folks ocean lovers who want to base in Wailea!!!
All ad all it was a wonderful spot for our group of five adults.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hidden gem bordering the Wailea Resort is noted for its prime Maui beachfront location on Polo Beach. A breathtaking, idyllic beach, guests have exclusive access to splash at the ocean's edge or venture further out to challenge the surf. Resorts amenities include a beachfront swimming pool, whirlpool spa, barbecue grills and an herb garden. Enjoy the view and sound of the ocean waves from each deluxe two-bedroom, two-bath suite. Enter through a marbled entryway that leads to a sunken living room with marvelous ocean views. Each suite offers a fully equipped kitchen, living and dining area and en-suite washer and dryer. Amenities include resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Polo Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polo Beach Club Hotel Wailea
- Polo Beach Club Maui
- Polo Beach Club Wailea, Maui