We stayed in unit 102 at Wailea Ekolu on Maui from July 9 through the 16. The second floor condo was clean (except for the BBQ grill) and pleasantly decorated, but we were VERY disappointed in its location and the amount of traffic noise.
We had asked the booking agency specifically (MauiHoliday.com) for a quiet location. We ended up in the unit closest to the road. There was constant traffic going up and down the hill to and from the Shops at Wailea. In addition, there was construction going on at the top of the hill so the truck noise was dreadful. The one saving grace was the airconditioning. We had to have it running constantly at night in order to shut out the worst of the traffic. I spoke to the property manager about the noise, and was informed that we were staying in the noisiest building on the property. (This unit is owned/run by a real estate agent.)
After walking around the complex, it was clear that other buildings were not as noisy. If you are considering booking here, make sure you see a site map BEFORE you book. Try to keep to the higher end numbers.and stay well away from the road accessing the Shops at Wailea.
Some other points that could have used improvement:
1. a working blender
2. a dustpan
3. remotes that worked so that we could adjust the speed of the ceiling fans
4. a clean BBQ grill - I had to soak it for 30 minutes before I could get all the grime off
5. a "resource binder" for the condo containing:
a) a map of the complex,
b) clear information as to the location of beach accesses
c) instructions for where towels etc. were to be left when one was ready to check out
d) rules for the complex (we got in trouble for hanging towels on the railing)
e) curtains or blinds to shut out the sun in the bedrooms - that would also help keep things cooler
On a positive note - the grounds here are lovely. Our neighbours were all very quiet. It was amusing to watch the resident geckos run up and down the lanai walls.
While we were disappointed that our condo was so noisy, we did manage to have a good time on Maui. We made sure that we were out most of the day and tried to be in the condo only for breakfast, dinner and sleeping at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the slopes of Haleakala with incredible vistas of the Pacific Ocean, Molokini crater and the neighboring islands of Lana'i and Kahoolawe, this condo resort has an ideal location at the gateway to Wailea. Set among the plush Wailea beach resorts, with easy escape to discover and explore the island of Maui and perched amid an 18-acre tropical garden paradise with 2 pools, recreation pavilion and barbecue grills, it's just a tee shot away from the Wailea Blue Golf Course. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, private lanai, living/dining area and en-suite washer and dryer. Amenities include resort credits for dining and spa services at nearby resorts, parking, hi speed Wi-Fi internet access, phone calls, housekeeping every third day, and a Maika'i grocery discount card. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wailea Ekolu Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wailea Ekolu Village Hotel Wailea
- Wailea Ekolu Village Resort Maui