7,445 results
All reviews water elevator napua tower lazy river grand wailea hibiscus pool chapel wing rope swing bistro molokini the grand dining room cafe kula spa grande four seasons pool area adult pool per day valet parking ocean view
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

By far this is not up to Waldorf Astoria standards.
Let’s start with the outdated room, walls with cracks, furniture on the patio old and broke, bathroom older than the room, doors repainted over and over, etc... By far, the worst quality room I got from a resort.
On top of that, breakfast lines were huge for a USD 39 + taxes buffet that certainly did not paid off.
On the pools and beach, not enough chairs and umbrellas for all guests, and for a cabana you need to pay from USD 250 to 700!!! Believe it or not!!! Obs: the beach is shared between 3 hotels and definitely does not have enough room for even two of them. The price on the menu for drinks and food is outrageous! Specially on top of a USD 700/day room fee.
The only positive aspect I could find in this hotel was the exterior decoration. Nice Botero statues, garden landscapes very beautiful and a nice church for weddings.
Absolutely disappointed!!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cbastosneto
Grand_Wailea_3850, Manager at Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Aloha carlosbK5032BW,

Mahalo for staying with us at our resort, and I appreciate your candor in your review of your stay. We take feedback from our guests very seriously, and resort appearance is an area of our hotel that we are actively examining through our ongoing renovation. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share, and I hope you will try our hotel again to experience the udpates first hand.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Our second stay at the Grand Wailea, and out adolescent daughters declared this is the best place to stay on Maui. They are definitely correct. As always the staff is friendly, attentive and professional. Love the view from the Molokini Wing—a perfect combination of ocean view coupled with a view of the gorgeous landscaping. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and the lanai is a wonderful place to just sit and enjoy the view, birds and sounds of the ocean. The pools are immaculate, with something for everyone—slides, water elevator and Tarzan swing for the kids and the quieter bs tranquil Hibiscus pool for adults. And one of the greatest perks is the simple fact that the pool is mere footsteps from one of the best beaches on the planet. A great place to enjoy a beautiful sunset at the end of a busy day. The Grand Wailea will always be our choice when staying on Maui.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kellyk465
Grand_Wailea_3850, General Manager at Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Mahalo for your review and for staying with us, kellyk465. And mahalo to your daughters for their declaration of best place to stay on Maui - a compliment we are ecstatic to receive! We love our location and proximity to Wailea Beach, and agree that the sunset views are the best way to end any day. We look forward to welcoming you and your 'ohana back soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

I am absolutely amazed by this property! I have traveled all over the world and NEVER have seen such beautiful landscaping with waterfalls and lush vegetation everywhere you turn! I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this property and the staff who go above and beyond to smile and say Mahalo. This is somewhere I will surly come back to! The property is so expansive that you never feel like a lot of people are around you at one time. The trails around the property make you feel like your walking thru a rainforest. Close walking distance to all of the high end shops along with a fabulous grocery store where we buy our beer and sushi to save money and get exactly what we want. Each night they burn tiki torches that make the ambiance even better. Just look at my pics, they say it all! Great place for kids but also have adult pools as well!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gentry696
Reviewed 12 November 2018

Beautiful place with knowledgeable, friendly people. The beach and grounds are out of this world. The pools are really great. The amenities available are numerous. I would definitely return to the Grand Wailea

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Kelly S
Grand_Wailea_3850, Manager at Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2018

Aloha Kelly S,

Mahalo for staying with us and for your review. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the beaches, property, pool, and our team members. I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

This is a beautiful property, but I would have second thoughts about staying there again. The lobby and grounds are beautiful but the other areas of the hotel are lacking especially if you stayed at other Waldorf Astoria properties. My perception, since I travel a bit, will be different from those who go to this as their first tropical experience.

The layout of the property is a little confusing. I heard other people in the hallways complain about the layout. Research the room you pick carefully.. There are several different buildings, some have rooms on floors 1-4, while others have rooms on 4-9. If you’re looking for an ocean view or a partial Oceanview you’re going to pay up. I don’t believe any of the rooms on floors 4-6 or 1-3 in the smaller buildings have any ocean views. I walked past some rooms on the ground floor which had views of the back of the buildings near the pool.

Room layouts are pretty standard, not counting the suites. 1 king bed and a small couch which sits two or two queens and small chair with an ottoman + desk. On the balconies are 2 somewhat uncomfortable chairs, a table and a drying rack for your bathing suit. Room amenities included a robe, hair dryer, standard Hilton Hawaii toiletries, refrigerator, but no slippers, cotton balls or Q-tips. No turn down service or chocolates. We never had a clean plastic bag for our ice bucket, nor was it ever emptied when the ice had melted. Our corkscrew was broken. Not sure if the hotel actually washes the coffee cups and glasses or if the housekeeping service washes them in the sink. A couple of days our glasses smelt like his soap. Overall the rooms are a nice size but somewhat dated.

Pool areas - there are several. One at the back of the property for infants and toddlers, one large pool area for children/adults, and one adult pool. We frequented the adult pool during our stay. The chairs are side-by-side, no room to walk between them, very few tables and umbrellas. There are numerous cabanas for rent but about 80% of them were empty every day while adults waundered looking for seats at the pool.

Don’t count on the pool staff enforcing the 60 minute rule on the chairs. We never saw them remove personal items from chairs that were empty for over an hour. I have pictures from 3 days were a group took all the chairs in the front row by the pool under the umbrellas and never showed up until afternoon. They also took more chairs then there were people using them, but the pool staff never said anything. Women’s restroom smelt like a sewer for the whole time we were there. Another location on the property where I heard other guests complaining.

The icing on the cake was when one pool employee told me to take my towels over to the bin rather than leaving them at the tent as I had been instructed that morning. Really this is a Waldorf Astoria?

Restaurants are a disappointment. Try and eat off property if possible. Humuhumu. - overpriced and disappointed. $24 scallop appetizer, two scallops cut in half. They said they were from Japan, but we just returned from Japan the previous week. I know what scallops from Hakodate taste like. Marketing.
Had to request bread, main dish arrived prior to us finishing our appetizers. Disappointing service. Waitress with attitude.

Next try, Bistro Molokini. Without going into detail, there were so many problems with our service and food they ended up comping the whole meal.

Cafe Kula- I really felt for the employees at this café. The first day we stopped by there was only one person working the register and making coffee. There must have been 10 people in line. The second time we went there, they had an additional person behind the counter but the kitchen was so slow we waited almost a half hour for food. Third time they had a new person working in the kitchen. He could not read the tickets or organize the food coming out. I really felt sorry for him. One of the other guests and I began picking up the tickets and saying the persons name and what the food was. We ended up getting a refund on our pizza because it was burnt and another family had asked for their money back because they had waited so long for their pizza they had to leave.

So in closing, this is a Hilton property trying to be a Waldorf Astoria without the amenities and services you would expect. I guess it’s great if you’re having a company function or a wedding. It’s probably OK for a first time if you have no expectations.

If you’re an adult couple looking for a high-end resort I suggest you head down the road to the Andaz were you could actually walk between the pool chairs and every set of two has an umbrella and a table.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank JoAnnS122

Aloha JoAnnS122,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our resort. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I have shared your review in its entirety with our team so that we may address some of the inconsistencies and experiences you encountered and continue to improve our processes. I sincerely appreciate your feedback.