7,444 results
All reviews water elevator napua tower lazy river grand wailea hibiscus pool chapel wing rope swing bistro molokini the grand dining room cafe kula spa grande four seasons pool area adult pool per day valet parking ocean view
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We visited in February to see the whales, but were dazzled by the Grand Wailea once again. This was our fourth visit and we love it more & more each time we're there. The location is perfect and beautiful, but the staff is what makes the hotel special to us. Daisy at the front desk was fantastic - she followed up our request and definitely exceeded our expectations! Zenith and Faye in Napua are gracious, welcoming and delightful. We looked forward to our evening chats with them. Miho at concierge is delightful, as well. She recognized us in the lobby one day - three years since our last visit. Incredible! In our opinion, it's the staff that makes the Grand Wailea so grand! Thank you everyone for a beautiful vacation - we'll be back soon!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The exemplary service we received started the moment we arrived at the Grand Wailea. The valet service, registration, and guest services' hosts were gracious and welcoming. I cannot recall a more beautiful hotel, setting and location. Throughout our stay the hotel staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Our room was very large and well designed for guest comfort. We ate at all three restaurants at the hotel and enjoyed a wonderful and varied dining experience. The highlights of our stay were walking the beautiful grounds each day, the pool and beach. I highly recommend the Spa Grande. Best Spa experience! Although we had a rental car, we spent 95% of our time at the hotel. There really was no need to leave this paradise. We look forward to returning and bringing our family with us.

Room tip: A room on a higher level of the hotel to enjoy the view of the grounds and ocean.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The GW did not meet our expectations for three main reasons. First, the atmosphere is not at all relaxing. My husband remarked that it felt like disney-land, fake Hawaii. Plus, there were serious lines for check-in. Second, the pool was great for the kids but a lot of work for us. We have 3 boys ages 5, 6 and 8. They can all swim but they couldn't stand anywhere (except the kiddie beach area that is not part of the water slide route). The pool is really a series of small pools connected by water slides, some with rushing water. We couldn't let the kids go by themselves because you cannot watch them from a single location. As a result, we couldn't sit by the pool and relax and let them swim. It was OK for one day but my kids had just as much fun at other pools where my husband and I could also enjoy ourselves. Third, the costs. Now, if you are staying at GW, you can afford a $17 kiddie hot dog by the pool. But its such a rip-off that it can ruin your good time. That is the real cost of a kid's hot dog. Everything is so absurdly priced it kind of ruins the mood.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Carolyn G
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Overall it is an excellent place, the conceige is very helpful. House keeping is done through out the day. It is a great 5 star hotel. The scenary is breath taking. It is just a few minutes walk to local shops so it is quite convenient.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I stay here almost every year, how much can I add to that. If there is a more beautiful place with more perfect weather anywhere else in the world, tell me where it i?

I love the Grand but it is not perfect, what is? It is very large. The rooms are very large and all have Lanais, there is a ton to do, the beach is great, and their are lots of restaurants within a 15 minute walk. If you want a lot of choices and variety, this place is for you (If you want something more intimate and personal the Four Seasons next door is a better choice).

I already have my reservation for next year and cannot wait to get back.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple