All reviewsin room coffeevery nice hotelcortezbajatownstopoverpropertybay
Reviewed 21 December 2016

We had the pleasure of staying here one night on our drive down the Baja Coast to La Paz. We couldn't have found a better spot. We plan on going back on the way back! Highly recommend. The Casita is quite spacious, the shower is large and luxurious, and the view made the stay. You cannot find a better place in Santa Rosalia. GO!

Room Tip: All rooms have Sea of Cortez views.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katie G
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

I have no idea who these other people that wrote These reviews are but perhaps they're used to stay at Motel 6 or Days Inn. We paid $36 and night at the current exchange rate and that's probably too much. Our room was Tiny the Linens look scary there was a large container full of water in our room which indicated to me it probably wasn't safe to use the tap water or even take a shower. There was an extremely old fan that fortunately we didn't need because it was cool outside and our bedroom door made a knocking noise all night long because of the wind. We only stayed here as an absolute Last Resort and I would definitely not recommend it but considering the other choices in town perhaps that's why it's number 1 out of 3. Fortunately for us we did skip our original plans in Guerro Negro as we were headed south all the way down to La Paz and from here to La Paz is 7 hours of driving plus stops. No restaurants.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Stayed 11/4-5/16 Terrific value. $52 USD for twin room on cliff overlooking the Gulf. Beautiful! Rooms were immaculate and well appointed. The staff were helpful. However, no English. However, this is Mexico.... I would no hesitate staying here again

Room Tip: Very south end of city
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank jerry s
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Forget about Guererra Negro as a stop over. Suck it up, drive 2.5 more hours to Santa Rosalia. This is an endearing little seaside, old Port town. Authentic unspoiled Mexico.
Las Casitas is a delightful little collection of rooms and mini cottages. Super clean. Very decent. Great view. Authentic MX. The only reason to stay anywhere else is if Las Casitas is full.
BTW:
Drove from Vancouver I5 to San Diego > Tiajuana. To be clear, TJ is a blow through. Not even slowing down. No documents req'd Nothing. Stay on #1. Forget about doing a stopover at GRA Negro. Get to Santo Rosalia and enjoy the stopover.

Stayed: November 2016
2  Thank RDRCABO
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I go down to Baja Sur 7-10 times a year. Santa Rosalia is an awesome place to stop as heading north is 300 miles of nothing beyond it. This hotel is spacious, clean and a great view of the sea of cortez. There are two pemex fuel stations in town. DO NOT go to the one in the middle of town. The plain clothed night attendant (very shady) uses a "gringo pump". A "gringo pump" is when then drill holes in the fuel impeller so that it says it pumped more fuel than it did (about 1/3 more)...and he uses a credit/debit card skimming machine. Two times, I have went there and two times, my debit card info was taken and attempted and two times, he charged me for 39 gallons when my truck holds 22 total. And if you question him, he will try to fight you. There is another pemex on the north side of town. Use that, stay at Las Casitas and hit the local bars if youre there on a weekend night, they are a blast.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo