“Delicious Authentic Cuban Cuisine”
Review of Paladar El Lobo

Paladar El Lobo
Ranked #20 of 62 Restaurants in Cienfuegos
Cuisines: Cuban
Victoria BC
“Delicious Authentic Cuban Cuisine”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Since my husband is Cuban he was determined to find a Paladar in Cienfuegos. Finding an upscale restaurant in this city is not a problem and I don't mind paying for a fabulous meal if it is worth it but I found that allot of the restaurants in Cienfuegos were overpriced. Hence, we were pleased to find El Lobo, a local Paladar instead.

We were very pleased to find a fantastic Paladar called El Lobo on the main street that runs through the city.
El Lobo can be located at:
Calle 37 # 4226 entre 42 y 44, Cienfuegos, Cuba.
They are open daily 11am - 3pm and 7pm - 11pm.

The food was fantastic and my husband was full of compliments, which he relayed to the owner/waiter, named Santy, short for Santiago Gonzalez Martinez.

My husband is a chef and gave top marks for the food that was served at this restaurant. If you have ever eaten in a home of a local, then you will know that it can be an eye-opener.
The food at this restaurant was cooked in a clean kitchen and the food was not overcooked or greasy. The vegetables used in the salad were very fresh and I was pleased that they had a lovely, low calorie, oil and vinegar dressing.

Please note that this is a restaurant cooked in somebody's home so the decor if very limited. The owner Santy makes up for that with his friendly attitude and love of music. When I say music, I mean the oldies, as in rock. His favourite I would say would have to be Queen. You will see some memorabilia from a trip he took to England to see Queen in concert before Freddie Mercury died.

Santy was a very interesting fella and I would definitely visit his Paladar again in the future.
I have to say again, the food was amazing and your wallet will be happy too.

• Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow