Lane's Privateer Inn
US$ 111
US$ 99
Agoda.com
White Point Beach Resort(Southwest Nova Scotia)
US$ 149
US$ 96
US$ 86
US$ 121
BestWestern.com
Atlantic View Motel & Cottages(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
Topmast Motel(Lunenburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
All reviewsmersey riverhaddockchowdernova scotiacaesar saladgreen spacemini fridgefull bathbreakfast was includedwooden floorsold world charmadirondack chairssurf turfcoffee makerplace to staychow chowroom was spacious
Reviewed 5 August 2012

There is not much going on here. The hotel is basic and a little rough. The carpet in our room was stained and there were cobwebs in the corners. The pullout bed was more uncomfortable than most. The location of the hotel is prime, providing a great view of the Mersey river with green space for sitting in Adirondack chairs. Another plus is the restaurant and pub connected to the hotel which has reasonable prices and fine food.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2012

What a lovely historic inn. Nice property along the river. Room had a bit of a musty smell but was otherwise comfortable. Enjoyed a nice relaxed dinner on the patio. Food was excellent and recommend wine was perfect. Had a very tasty and filling breakfast before we continued our travels. Staff were all very pleasant and friendly.

If you have time, take a tour of the Sherman Hines Photography Museum while in town. I tagged along reluctantly but enjoyed it, much to my surprise. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2012

This location was more of a stop over spot during a vacation in Nova Scotia but I wish we had the time to linger a bit longer here. The staff in the hotel and restaurant were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and quiet and we enjoyed staying in a historic location rather than an ordinary chair place. It is a nice location on the river. We had breakfast and dinner there and both were very good. It is such a beautiful and historic area; you'll enjoy this place more than a chain hotel while you are in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was here as part of a "bundled" package, a bike tour, so I cannot comment as to costs. We got what I thought would be the worst room in the place, a second floor room fronting out on what seems to be the main road into town. Remarkably, it turned out to be pretty quiet and comfortable, particularly with the AC on at night. I guess there really isn't that much traffic during sleeping hours. We had breakfast only: there was a great deal of menu variety, and the oatmeal I had was tasty and pleasantly served. My few encounters with the staff were pleasant as well. I think they really do aim to please. I don't know much about the location: but I can say it is right next to a bridge over the river and a tiny park, which makes for a nice morning walk. In summary, even a quiet freak like myself, one more accustomed to Hilton Garden Inn's, was pretty satisfied.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel for more assurance of a quieter night.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rljaco
Reviewed 10 May 2012

We chanced upon this wonderful Inn on our way from Yarmouth to Halifax along Hwy 3. Our initial intention was to just have dinner, but the excellent service and gracious staff induced us to stay the night since we had no need to rush on. The building was constructed in 1798 and has been nicely renovated by present owners who have had it in the family for over 5 decades.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family