“The best of all B&B's overlooking Old Man River”
Review of Weymouth Hall

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Natchez
Weymouth Hall
Ranked #11 of 16 Hotels in Natchez
Longview, TX USA
“The best of all B&B's overlooking Old Man River”
Reviewed 7 December 2004

My first choice was Dunleith, but it was sold out the night I wanted to stay there, so I called Natchez Pilgrimage Tours, which offers a Reservation Service for many of the area's lodging establishments. They actually made the choice for me, and I was very pleased. The room I stayed in deserves an "A" rating; clean, spacious, beautifully decorated and furnished with antiques. I have stayed at other Natchez B&B's that overlook the Mississippi River, but this one is by far the best. The views are completely unobstructed and possibly the prettiest within the class of those which offer this natural "amenity." Breakfast was more than filling. What impressed me most, though, is that tours of the house are generally not offered at all. Yet when I told Mrs. Guice, the owner, that I am very interested in the subject of Antebellum homes, she made an exception and showed me around after breakfast. This was really a stretch, as this home is occupied by the owners, and these are their private quarters. Many would have refused such an intrusion into their own living space, which would be understandable. The guest who selects Weymouth Hall can't go wrong. It is an excellent choice in an of itself; better than many others who Ballyhoo themselves and spend much more on marketing their properties. Bring your camera and take pictures of the views from the lawn at different times of day, and they will probably be among the best photos you've ever taken.

13 Thank George1960
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
dallas, tx
Reviewed 12 September 2003

Was a very nice experience. You can see the Mississippi far below from the lawn of the hotel, which has some elegant chairs and tables and is very pretty. This is also one of the few b&b's which allows kids (we have a 2 year old). The couple that runs it is very friendly. They will allow you on the 2nd floor verandah, which gives you an even better view. The room was certainly adequate, and we had a good breakfast, which was not over formal.

13 Thank viperfish