“Great surprise in Nachez”

Natchez Manor Boutique Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #32 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Benton, Arkansas
“Great surprise in Nachez”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is considered a boutique B&B, but I would consider it a boutique hotel. My husband and I were travel thru Nachez and decided to stop for the night. As we were coming into town I was on the internet looking for a hotel and found the Nachez Manor. It looked like someplace we would enjoy, but the website was down "account suspended." That worried me a bit so we decided to drive by and check it out. The staff was accommodating and allowed us to view two rooms before making our decision. We selected a room for one night.

The room was nice, clean, and appeared new. There are many reviews on the beds/bedding and they are not kidding. Great bedding! They also supplied good quality toiletries. A water softener must be installed because we did have the slick feeling after showering and the towels were super soft & fluffy, but did not absorb moisture very well.

Since we were just traveling through and had no preconceived notions of Nachez, we were quite surprised to find the Spring Pilgrimage going on. We toured several antebellum homes, walked the river, photographed findings downtown, etc. It was a great time.

The breakfast was excellent. No buffet here, but rather home cooked breakfast with the most excellent biscuits! The band canceled the night we were there so the bar was very dark and empty. My husband and I had wanted a bottle of wine and the staff was kind enough to charge me for just the bottle and provided cork screw, glasses, and tray to get it upstairs so we could enjoy it in our room.

The hotel was clean, the staff friendly (though scarce), and the decor is outstanding. There are two drawbacks. Parking is on the street, which was not a problem after all the shops closed, but prior to the closing it is difficult to park near the hotel. The roof top terrace was terrible. It is closed in, dark, smelly, and not at all inviting. We expected to spend time there around sun down, but we didn't even stay five minutes. Oh and the hotel badly needs a new sign out front. The awning with their name is faded and the color choices and the tree out front make it very difficult to spot. If I had not see photos of it online I would never have located it.

We will stay here again if we are ever in the area.

Room Tip: If you are early to bed, ask the staff for rooms opposite the bar where they have live music.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vpmedical
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Cobb4040
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Six couples of my family booked rooms in the B&B for $135 a night plus taxes which included a country breakfast. We came down for the Pilgrimage the 15th-18th of March. The rooms we stayed in were beautifully decorated, with clean comfortable beds. All the staff was friendly and wonderful. All the B&B's we have stayed in have had a comfortable sitting where we could sit and talk and enjoy one another's company, but all the places we found were not practical for this purpose. The upstairs sitting room had two long sofas for sitting but there was a huge table sitting in the middle of the floor wath a large vase of flowers sitting in the middle. We had to look around it to talk to someone across the room. We wanted to go up on the terrace but there were no lights up there. We were told they were going to fix the lights for a private party the next day. There was a party the next night but once we closed the doors to our room, the noise was not a problem. As far as the country breakfast, Most B&B's put out a wonderful breakfast with a few choices to choose from even motels that include breakfast offer you a choice. We had eggs, bacon, grits and biscuits, with a choice of how we wanted our eggs. We were never told there was that we could also choose other items if we wanted. We had this same breakfast for the three mornings we were there. On the last morning I kiddingly said I would like an omlet, with hashbrowns. The waitress said if I wanted a omelet i could have one but I would have to pay $4.95 for it. I got the omelet and paid for it, which I thought this doesn't cost anymore than eggs bacon and grits so why charge me. I don't believe we'll be staying there again. The who time I kept thinking that we could have stayed in a Quality Inn and saved a little money, All our group agreed that this was just a high priced hotel with no variety for our breakfast.

Room Tip: We had 6 rooms and all of them were excellent.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cobb4040
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Very comfortable bed and linens awesome. We are looking for the beddings now. Staff excellent and gave good directions. Great location. Entertainment was singer Adrena at the piano bar-it was my birthday, she acknowledged that fact,birthday song,did my favorite blues,loved her. Drinks&food good-breakfast omelet to order. Value included meal and entertainment. Rooftop sitting area very nice. Stay too short. Went to celebrate. Printed instruction for unit might be nice.

Room Tip: The room was overlooking the spiral staircase down to the garden area.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I recently had my wifes 30th birthday in Ntachez. Invited 6 couples down to celebrate it with us. I contacted Natchez Manor with all arrangements and agreed to stay with them due to the discount prices they gave me for bringing so many people to stay with them. Well, they went back on their word once we got there and got charged full price for everything. I would not stay there again due to you can not trust them. There are many other places in Natchez to stay at.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank DanielW1275
Alexandria La
Reviewed 2 February 2012

The Manor is pretty and clean. The service wasn't good at all. Breakfast is suppose to be served until 10:00 or 10:30, we went down at 9:30 and the breakfast was already picked up. We we gone for several hours and our room was not serviced when we returned. My husband went to the front desk and they sent up towels but didn't do anything else. I really hate that the service was bad because it is a pretty place and in a great location but will not return due to the service.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple