“Natchez Historic Inn/Guesthouse”

Ranked #13 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Austin TX
“Natchez Historic Inn/Guesthouse”
Reviewed 1 May 2008

This is a very pretty inn, and I think if our room had been in a different part of the building, it would've seemed quite nice. Unfortunately, our first-floor room (I think it was No. 157) had a single window that only looked out on a blank, two-story brick wall that was probably not more than 4 feet from the window. The result was a room that was so dark that it felt rather cave-like. Considering how expensive the accommodations are at this inn, the room was a disappointment.

If you're considering staying here, I'd probably suggest trying to get a 2nd-floor room and might also try asking in advance whether the room has any sort of a view.

On the upside, the breakfast was quite good, and the staff seemed nice enough.

• Liked — The large, pretty verandas.
  • Disliked — Our room was like a dark cave.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dtx
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2007

The Natchez Historic Inn is a lovely antebellum home in the historic section of Natchez just a few blocks off the river. The rooms were beautiful. The home is wonderfully decorated with antique furniture. It was nice just walking around the house and looking at the furniture pieces. The room includes a full breakfast in the morning and if you consider how much that would cost, this bed and breakfast really isn't much more than staying at a good motel. Be sure to bring some wine and have a drink on the veranda in the evening. That was the best part of our stay in Natchez. We are older so we don't go for the night life that is available in Natchez. But lounging on the veranda was a whole lot better than watching tv at a motel. We will stay at the historic Inn whenever we are in Natchez. I hope you do too.

• Liked — the anique furniture
  • Disliked — They had extra thick pillow top mattresses but didn't use the extra deep fitted bottom sheets so they sometimes untucked.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tonka11_99
nowhere
Reviewed 12 July 2007

I had my wedding at the Natchez Historic Inn in March, and let me tell you it was a heck of an experience. The manager almost ruined my wedding day and after a long involved story she apologized. The other two girls who were working there were awesome, they made up for all the trouble we had with the manager. My wedding turned out to be a beautiful day, and I am happy that we chose that spot minus the manager. The food was wonderful, and the flowers were awesome. My parents stayed a few more days and apparently the cook walked out b/c of the manager and they were sent somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sabraw4593
Huntington. W.V.
Reviewed 13 June 2007

When reserving my room as an individual traveling with a group, we were told that the cancellation fee's were waved and that we had 24 hours to cancel as an individual. I was to arrive on Thursday June 14 and stay for 2 nights. However due to my Father's surgery I had to cancel. I called on Wed. June 13th. They refused to honor the policy they previously stated concerning cancellations. After an argument they did agree to charge me for only one room. I am out $143.50. Debbie Chapman Riggs

Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
3 Thank Huntington_W_V_Chap
San Diego, CA
Reviewed 7 May 2007

The Inn is in downtown Natchez, near the river, historic properties, shopping, restaurants and the cemeteries. The staff is very friendly. The rooms have high ceilings and great furnishings. The bathroom was a bit small, but well appointed. If you are looking for a place to stay that mirrors the flavor of the town, this is the place. You should consider staying upstairs. The ground floor rooms are generally quiet, but when breakfast started and we were trying to sleep late, people coming in off the street to eat kept us from sleeping. The breakfast was acceptable (eggs, grits, bacon, biscuits), but nothing to write home about. Don't miss enjoying the front porch in the evening for a drink. They have a well-stocked bar and very good, house-made hors d'oeuvres, highlighted by the tasty onion dip the night we were there. The staff was accommodating of our late checkout and we had a wonderful time.

Stayed May 2007