“Girlfriends Trip To Natchez MS-Linden Bed & Breakfast” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Linden Bed and Breakfast

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Linden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 41 Natchez B&B and Inns
Memphis, Tennessee
“Girlfriends Trip To Natchez MS-Linden Bed & Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

We enjoyed a long weekend gettaway for "the girls", Linden Bed and Breakfast was a true southern delight, complete with an unexplained "thump in the night". The owner and hostess was the epitomy of "southern hospitality". Each day started with a delicious breakfast, coffee and tea on the gallery. The weekend included tours of several plantation homes where we were served mint juleps, wine, and the famous Linden's Milk Punch. We also took a ghost tour of Natchez, (orbs in our pictures) sure enough, hours spent exploring the beautiful monuments and reading the inscriptions engraved, reading the storys about those resting in the Natchez Cemetery. We made a trip over to The Myrtle's Plantation in St Francesville for the nighttime tour which was tons of fun. We can't wait to go again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the main part of the house, upstairs, both rooms had one full/queen bed and one half be...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Stamps, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My sister and I stayed at Linden during October 2010, in the Cecile room shortly after the Fall Pilgramage. I had never stayed in a B & B before and didn't know what to expect. However, Mrs. Feltus was very kind and helpful. She is a little hard of hearing and tends to "yell" when she speaks, and after reading previous reviews I can see how others who did not know this may perceive her as "tempermental" and mean to her staff. She's not. Our room was charming and clean. We just soaked up the ambience of staying in such a historical home. It was a thrill. The breakfast was delicious. I had never eaten grits, but am now a regular consumer of them having been converted by Mrs. Feltus' breakfast! LOL! Her staff was friendly and so very helpful to me in particular. On our last day there, I woke with a severe headache and began throwing up. My sister got up and got ready, packed our bags, helped me dress, and then went down to breakfast. When asked where I was, she informed them of my condition. Mrs. Feltus sent tea and toast up to me in my room so that I could at least take some nourishment. If that is not kindness, I don't know what is. I can't thank them enough for their hospitality. I would recommend Linden if you want a home with history and atmosphere, but not if you want a hotel. This is for those wishing to experience true southern history and history. p.s. ask them about their resident ghost.

Room Tip: Go to Lindenbandb.com to choose your room. We did. It was great.
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Straxt
Idalou
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

What intrigued me most about my Linden experience during the Fall Pilgrimage was the hostess, Mrs. Feltus, who gave the best tour of all the houses we visited, probably because she has lived in Natchez for decades. We wished we could have visited with her more, but she had a house to run plus she enjoyed a rich social life.She's a spunky lady whose quips delighted us thoroughly. We five Texas gals thought the breakfast biscuits were the most divine. A wonderful experience and a most lovely time. I shall always long for more time on the gallery....
Jan from Texas

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Idalou
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I stayed at the Linden home during the fall pilgrimage. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay there! The home is lovely and the tour given by Mrs. Feltus is superb! She has antiques that I saw in no other homes. She is a fabulous hostess and is full of information - not only about the history of Linden and Natchez, but also where you should go to eat for lunch!

The rooms are very large and bathrooms are pleasing also. Her staff cooks a delightful breakfast and it is promptly served.

I recommend the Linden home for your stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2011

My husband, myself and our best friends were the only guests of Ms. Jeanette's on Dec. 27th. We were on our way to New Orleans for New Year's Eve. We spent one night and had breakfast with Ms. Jeanette in their beautiful diningroom. She was a wealth of info. and we learned soooo much. We absolutely loved it. I cannot thank her enough, especially for the milk punch recipe.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends