“A little taste of Thai in the Deep South”

Planet Thailand Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 97 Restaurants in Natchez
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I was totally not expecting much from this place (no offense intended, Natchez), but the authentic decor had me reconsidering from the moment we walked in. Seattle has spoiled me for good Asian food, particularly for excellent Thai food (unless you’re actually in Thailand of course). I admit I only tried the green curry and basil fried rice (and Singha beer) but still, the meal was excellent. Four star because they didn’t have the spice rack that I like to use to add heat when your company isn’t quite up to the challenge of a Thai 5. The service was southern slow but very pleasant. Will definitely return. Oh, and though I didn’t add any, they do make their own soy sauce and from the aroma, I’d suspect their own fish sauce.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The choices are limited. The food was average and the service was slow. The food was not as good as most Thai restaurants.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We walked from the hotel and entered the restaurant from the back. DO NOT DO THAT! When we left we went out the front door. Cleaner and safer. The hostess seated us at a tiny 2-top. I couldn't legs under the table. The place was clean. Ornate furniture. This must have been a really nice place when it was newer. Service was good. The Thai tea wasn't bad. I enjoyed my salad and my wife liked her seaweed salad. We ordered basic sushi. Pretty good. Looking around at what the other diners were eating tells me that sushi is the main draw. Dessert? They were out of green tea ice cream but they had red bean ice cream. And it royally sucked. I've never seen it that chunky before. I was happy that experience was over. But it wasn't!!! We wanted to get an early start to our next stop but it hours before we thought we could travel. I can go the rest of my life without even being around satay.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We eat here all the time.

Locally, there isn't a ton of diversity in cuisine, so this place is a gem. Food is fabulous regardless.

Get the sushi. Get the pho. Get the curry. Get the noodles. Get. It. All.

Ask for the Thai Iced Tea if they have it too. Yummmmmm.

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Great Pho, spring rolls, salad and sweet sour chicken. The vegetables were fresh and beautifully presented. The pho was amazing.