All reviews an italian restaurant cardiff bay suited our needs train station friendly hotel two nights lovely food mid week first floor short break an evening meal lovely room squid links
Reviewed 2 December 2017

I stayed here for 1 night. The room booked was supposed to have its own private bathroom however upon attending the room did have a private bathroom however it was across the communal hallway. Not ideal and had I knew before booking I would have booked elsewhere; however upon speaking to staff; the room was changed and the next room offered was great and as expected. It was unfortunate that my initial thoughts on the hotel were disappointing however the issue was rectified and I was overall pleased with the accommodation. The restaurant attached to the hotel looks very good however I did not eat there other than the breakfast which I would give 5 stars!

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter, partner and myself spent a night here. There was a warm welcome, the room's were comfortable and plenty of room. The hotel has an Italian restaurant and food quality was very good with large portions. Breakfast was the same quality and quantity and the coffee was very good. Would stay there again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We hadn't eaten here for a while. They had made a lot of changes to both the interior and menu. All to the good.
We went with another two couples. One couple hadn't been there before and was well impressed.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2017

It looks as though you have to go through an Italian restaurant to get to the small desk that is the hub of the Glendale and that is what you do... or go round the side of the building and wait for ages for someone to open the door. I had a single room and the toilet was tightly squeezed between a wall and the shower, the shower didn't work . The TV was placed above an a large wardrobe which meant either standing on the bed to watch it or lying on the bed and turning my head up and almost 90 degrees to the left. The breakfast was good, but that was all

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Booked this hotel in Penarth because it was cheaper than some in Cardiff Bay as wanted to see Doctor Experience August Bank Holiday. The room was nice and large. Bathroom small and only the odd hook for towels. Shower was good. Been to places where showers have not been good but this was great. Nice food including breakfast and evening meal in the Italian restaurant downstairs. We stayed from Friday evening until Sunday so we also went to one of the many restaurants in the area. Mo's that does very nice Indian food. We love curries. The only problem is the Railwayman pub opposite the hotel you do get a lot of noise between 11 and 1am - music and voices. Once that was gone i could sleep. All in all still a nice place.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple