All reviewsporch swingdeluxe familyprime ribhoneymoon cabinnice cabinblack hillsfront porchstuffed quailrestaurant attachedheated poolsmall playgroundmt rushmorewooded settingoff the highwaydowntown keystoneplace to staycoffee maker
Reviewed 22 October 2017

There are a lot of sights in the Rapid City area; Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse, caverns, Sturgis, etc. I highly recommend staying at the Powder House Lodge when you go. It's close to all of these sights and has a great restaurant, a friendly staff, and reasonably priced rooms. The Lodge is quite old but has been kept in immaculate shape. It's nestled into the mountains with beautiful surroundings. Deer graze around the property. I had the best fish dinner of my life: rainbow trout wrapped in bacon. I'd go again in a heartbeat. It's quite popular, so book as soon as you know you're going.

Room Tip: They have motel style rooms and cabins.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I traveled to the Black Hills area for our wedding anniversary. We have stayed at the Powder house in the past and wanted to return for a night. We stayed a night and moved on the next day, but found that we wanted to return for another night before heading home. So...we stayed 2 nights. We had a place in a 6 plex the first night with 2 queen beds and a sofa sleeper and the next stay we were in a stand alone cabin up the hill. I think it was #53. It had a queen bed in the bedroom and 2 twins in the loft. Both units had a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Rooms are very clean and well supplied. The units all have chairs and tables outside. Grills are available if requested. Staff is very welcoming! They have had very dry weather for a few years, so no open fires are allowed (no charcoal grills or campfires). They are making improvements to the property. I would recommend them to anyone that is going that way. Their location is great to take day trips and return back to each evening. They have a restaurant on site.

Room Tip: Love the stand alone cabins up the hill
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TamaraJP
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights at Powder House in a Family Getaway Cabin. Had 4 adults and it was perfect. Lots of room. Two separate bedrooms with separate bathrooms. Large kitchen and eating area with mutiple couches that open up into beds. Tecnically sleeps 10 but for us it was ideal. What one would spend a night right next to Mt. Rushmore this was very cost effective, even for only 2 couples. Very clean. Right across street from restaurant in a lovely wooded setting.
Highly recommed instead of a hotel room in Keystone area.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank bmusial
Reviewed 7 October 2017

the cabins are great and the beds are very comfy, I slept better in them than my own bed Dorla was always so pleasant and helpful, she went out of her way to make sure we had a great stay. We ate at the restaurant several times for breakfast and dinner and every time the food was delicious. They are in a great location close to many attractions in the area. Best place ever. We will definitely be back Thanks so much

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NicoleHurtt
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Great food, good choices of fresh ingredients. Try the Brussel sprouts-Yum! Has a covered outdoor patio w/fire pit. Nice. Liked it so much we had dinner there 2 nights. Filet was perfectly cooked as requested-med/rare.

Stayed: September 2017