This was our 2nd stay at Nurses cottage this year and was just as fabulous as our first stay. Run out of good things to say about this little piece of perfection. With beautiful countryside walks and Munros to climb (we managed Ben Chonzie) on this visit. We managed this with two teenagers and our Hungarian Vizla. The cottage itself was still as beautiful and well equipped with everything you could ever need. We will definitely be returning in 2018.
There is so much to love about Nurse's cottage. We were four adults and one two-year-old. Here are what we found to be the highlights (in no particular order):
- The cottage is beautiful and impeccably decorated. It feels like home from the moment you step inside. Margo and Jim have thought of everything you could possibly need, and more. The kitchen is fully stocked with all the appliances, tools, and crockery needed to cook just as you would at home. The entire house is furnished very comfortably, with large beds, places to lounge, luxurious showers and bathtub, and a pretty garden.
- The cottage has everything you could want to entertain yourself at home - from Netflix, to a Sonos sound system hooked up to Spotify, to a PlayStation and board games. Also, plenty of books on the area, including a very helpful walking guide that was our bible.
- Margo and Jim were very communicative and helpful. We received an immediate response when we had a question on where to find something in the cottage.
- As hosts, they went above and beyond, providing fresh bread, jams and milk for our arrival. And a lovely surprise of the most beautiful flowers in a vase when we arrived!
- Comrie itself is a charming little village with two small grocery stores open late, an excellent butcher and a deli with great bread, delicious prepared meals and all sorts of other goodies. Also a short drive to Barley Bree restaurant in Muthill which we went to on Margo and Jim's recommendation - it was excellent!
Nurse's Cottage was a great location from which to explore this magical countryside. We hope to be back someday.
What an absolute gem of a location and cottage! Spent 4 nights there with my family recently and cannot express how luxurious and comfortable the cottage is. The owners have absolutely thought of everything and we wanted for nothing! Their generosity also meant that we had the use of the bikes and golf clubs in the garage which we took full advantage of as the local walks and bike rides are on your doorstep and so beautiful. Comrie is a sleepy wee village with a lovely feel to it but we were centrally located for so many other places it was difficult to decide where to go first! Thank you so much Jim and Margo for providing such a beautifully and well appointed cottage - it really did feel like our home from home - the welcome pack and flowers were such a lovely touch too!
My two teenage girls, myself and my dog stayed in the Nurses Cottage for four nights for a wee cheeky break. I would return in a shot! The Cottage is extremely well kitted out and I couldn't think of anything that wasn't provided. The Cottage is finished to a high standard and I couldn't find fault with any of the rooms, the bathrooms have showers that are out of this world!! The welcome pack was a lovely touch too.
My girls were delighted with the PS4, Sonos and very quick wifi - teenagers heaven.
The Cottage is very well situated in the village beside some beautiful walks and close to the hotels for a nice meal. Comrie also has some lovely independent shops especially Hansen's Deli and the bakers. We had a meal at Delivino in Crieff too and their food was fantastic.
All in all, we had a lovely, stress free break and I would highly recommend the Nurses Cottage.
My girlfriends and I recently had the pleasure of staying at this fantastic cottage. The cottage was the perfect getaway base we all needed with all the amenities we required.
We are all quite keen walkers and managed out for a fair few miles over our stay. The heating in the cottage is easy to control so an our return we were always welcomed back to a cosy cottage. The shower is powerful and hot water is produced on demand.
There are shops, a bistro and bars within easy walking distance and also fine restaurants available close by.
On the night we choose to stay in we used the very well equipped kitchen and settled in for a night of chat while the Sonsos played our requested playlists.
I would have no hesitation recommending the accommodation. It is a first class holiday rental and extremely well equipped with a real homely feel.
I would hope to return in the future.