“Luxury and friendliness combined”
Review of The Madison Hotel

The Madison Hotel
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Morristown
Dunboyne
“Luxury and friendliness combined”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Visited Drew university again to see my son. Brought my daughter with me. I love the warm ambiance of the foyer fire when eating the buffet breakfast. The bedrooms are spacious and high quality and access to NY by train is easy. The staff are friendly and helpful. I wouldn't stay anywhere else

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate your business and are happy to hear you "wouldn't stay anywhere else". I am glad you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast served and enjoyed in the lobby by our roaring fireplace. I was also happy to hear you found the staff friendly and helpful and the rooms spacious and high quality. We look forward to seeing you again whenever you visit NYC or northern NJ.

Scott McArthur
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 17 February 2012

Way overdue in writing what a great experience it was, staying at the Madison Hotel in Morristown NJ. Very clean, nice ambiance, friendly and helpful front desk. Had the advantage of a rate established by local college as part of an admissions-related visit. An amazing continental breakfast - fresh fruits, great bagels, baked goods - complimentary. Loved the fitness center. I'd go out of my way to make this my NY City lodging destination. Highly recommend. - Traveler from Maryland

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your comments on Trip Advisor even if it was a long time coming....better late then never, right? They are much appreciated! Thank you for recognizing the nice ambiance, clean facilities, friendly and helpful front desk staff, amazing complimentary breakfast as well as saying you would go out of your way to stay here when visitng NYC. FYI....in less then 1 hour you can be in the center of NYC and not have to deal with the crowds, noise, high room rates, traffic, parking your car, etc. by simply hoping on the train right behind our hotel. Our concierge will be happy to arrange a wonderful tour schedule for you if you desire. Thanks again, we hope to see you soon.

Diu, India
Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is by far the most wonderful hotel I have ever stayed at.

I first want to point out that I am a foreigner from India and the customer service of all the front desk was exceptionally pleasant. The manager has done a great job making sure everybody knows customer service. I wanted to, however point out one individual. His name is "David". He is truly the one who shines in customer service. He is patient with foreigners like myself and if I fully can't express what I'm trying to ask because my English is broken he will take all the time in the world to make sure my question will be answered and answered correctly. He will call me in my rooms for a follow up call to make sure my request has been completed and if there is anything else I could ever need to make my stay even better then it already has been. Truly excellence in customer service. Based on what I've seen I'm sure all of your staff do this however he was the one who stood out the most.

Well done and I will absolutely be back.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to you staying with us whenever you visit northern NJ or NYC. Thank you for taking the time to recognize David our Rooms Division Supervisor. I printed your comments and posted it for all to see. We take a tremendous amount of pride in our customer service and I was thrilled to hear you found it excellent and your quote that "this is by far the most wonderful hotel I have ever stayed at" made us all smile. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Lake Helen, Florida
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We visited the Madison Hotel for a wedding. It provided a fine “all-in-one” venue. Between the rehearsal dinner, wedding, reception, meals and social time, we never had to leave the hotel!

From the outside, it looks like an old mansion. Upon arrival, you are greeted by the doorman, who welcomes you into the Victorian style, palatial building. The hotel is full of antiques and ornate decorations, from the hand-carved wood adornments to the beautiful stained glass windows placed throughout the area.

The lobby features a lounge area with fireplace, where you can read a book (they have a lending library), have a complimentary cup of coffee/tea/hot cocoa, or just sit and listen to the big band and crooner music they play over the speakers.

It was really the details which made our stay enjoyable. There is an on-site ATM and a Keurig coffee maker in each room, with free coffee and tea K-cups.

We did eat at Rod’s for lunch one day. Though it was a bit pricey, the food was good and the portions were large.

Overall, our stay was most enjoyable. We would consider this hotel again if/when we are back in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gaseoustania
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We were very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I traveled to New Jersey on business and did a presentation at the Madison. There is a train station across the street so getting to & from New York via NJT is a breeze. The staff was courteous and helpful. Walking into the hotel is like stepping back in time; although built in the 1980's, there are pieces that date back to the 1800's. The fireplace is a work of art as is the glass conservatory at the back of the hotel. The meeting room was clean and spacious and there are many other rooms for smaller meetings or breakout sessions if you are having a larger event. We will be coming back in the spring to work and stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gordon808
ScottMcArthurGM, General Manager at The Madison Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Thank you for saying our hotel was excellent for business and pleasure, we all appreciate the kind words and look forward to you returning as a guest again. If I can ever be of assistance in making your next stay even more enjoyable please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Scott McArthur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morristown
2.4 km away
8.3 km away
Westminster Hotel
Westminster Hotel
#1 of 1 in Livingston

Been to The Madison Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK