“Shocking”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Hour and a half we still had no food. At this point it was 9.30 and we just gave up and left for the CO-OP. Feel sorry for the waitress who tried her hardest. Avoid.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (263)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food is ok but nothing special. Staff don't really seem interested though.

Problem came with the bill as we were seriously overcharged and struggled to check against the bill as it was unreadable. Could chalk it up to a mistake but the table next to us were also overcharged. We paid up and never saw our change, they took the cash and never returned. In a hurry so just left it. There are other curry houses in Cromer, go there instead.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 31 July 2021

Went this evening, was very efficient, to the point of too efficient if you get my drift. We were in and out within an hour and that seemed too long for the staff. It’s quite apparent they are desperately “flipping” tables to maximise profits. However when told several times they were busy it felt quite uncomfortable and obvious they just wanted us out. The food was good, standard Indian restaurant quality. Just didn’t feel nice being rushed as there was only two of us.

Reviewed 24 July 2021

Called for a take away. Was Told can deliver. - Was pleased. - Rang back an hour later they said sorry.. - be with you in 10 mins. 50 Mins later ring again. After 2 and half hours my food arrived. - If it wasnt that i felt bad for the driver i would of told them to take it back..

Then my food is Stone cold. Most like was cooked 2 hours before. - Use to go here often.. Worst food ever..

Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Cromer Tandoori this evening and would never go again. The food is good. Not exceptional, but good. The problem is the service. The waiter was offhand and clearly bored. There were no complimentary pickles as one usually expects. We ordered A bottle of wine and some tap water. When the wine arrived he immediately started pouring it with his hand obscuring the label. We had to stop him to check the bottle label. The tap water was served in tumblers not a jug and was tepid and tasted sour. it had clearly not been run at all. I had to ask for it to be freshened. We ordered naan and I ordered the peshwari. When it came it was clearly not what I had ordered. On questioning why there was no dried fruit in it as advertised on the menu I was told they "didn't make it like that" as "people didn't like it"!! When the bill arrived I took my card out to pay and the waiter 'flicked' a card on the table in my direction saying cash or cheque only. I had not read the card but he basically threw it over the table at me. On paying the bill and ready to leave I asked him if I could speak to the manager. He said he was the manager. I said I would like to give him some feedback if that was ok. He said yes. I told him "the food was good but the service....." At that point he stopped me by saying "...was beautiful". He then turned his back on me and walked off. I have never been in a restaurant like this before. It is appalling and I would definitely not recommend it to anybody. A nice evening spoiled.