“Brilliant Sunday Lunch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Enjoy the home made crisps and dips, and the fine drinks and ales.
Then tuck into tasty Sunday roast...(you can have large pork or lamb chops as your Sunday roast meat instead of the delicious Beef).
Good service and a good atmosphere. We will visit again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

Great food, friendly team, great service and inviting space.
Starters were great, tempura prawns won- the chutney with the parfait was a little runny all good otherwise.
Pie was perfect and steaks all cooked to perfection.. tasty too!
Shared the lemon tart, which was lush, for dessert as full

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Hi. Been lots and lots of times, definitely a regular but not a local! The owners are very friendly along with all the staff. In hot weather you can eat in the restaurant, bar or their spacious garden overlooking fields, very restful. Food is cooked to order so may be a slight wait, and booking is highly recommended at the weekend or on a cold, wet day when the garden is out of use. Their burgers are terrific but hubby loves the small chicken and its extras. Home made crisps and dips really are special. Yep, we never get to the desserts either as the meals are substantial! ...one day.. Don't miss this treasure of your restaurant haunts...

1  Thank Dawn H
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We decided to take our cycles for a spin 5 miles to this place as we heard good reviews. We checked their website and it advised that food was served until 3pm on a Sunday.

When I entered the bar I saw a group of people sitting down and being handed a menu. I ordered a coke and a pint and asked for a menu for myself and wife. We were then told by the landlady that she wasn’t serving food anymore. This was 1:30pm. I asked again saying we had ridden 5 miles to get here. Didn’t budge.

I took the drinks outside and coke was flat as a pancake. No fizz. The wife and I decided as there was no food, to just hand the drinks back and get a refund. I returned to the bar where another gentleman was ordering food, and from the banter was probably a regular. I got my refund and told her the perception of not being welcome.

If you are a local or regular then good for you. If you’re not then don’t bother.

Why advertise food being served until 3pm on your website and then refuse it at 1:30.

Won’t be returning here !

3  Thank mickeycorleone
Reviewed 18 August 2018

Chose menu and told it would be about 20 minutes. It was obviously freshly cooked. Gave us home cooked crisps and dips whilst we waited. Water served automatically. Two of us had chicken and bacon pie and veg. The pie crust was crisp and the filling plentiful and not slimy as sometimes can be the case. The veg were perfect al dent.
Fish pie, again up to scratch. One of the best meals ever and reasonably priced. The staff were friendly and unobtrusive. Very enjoyable meal.