See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

After reading some reviews I was slightly apprehensive about staying at Sandy but we could not ask for anything better. We stayed at the Days in for a week doing night work, because we left early it meant we missed breakfast every morning although it was paid for by our company, the staff went out of their way to ensure we had something to eat either from returning from shift or by making us a sandwich to take to work each day. Everyone we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. Our rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels and toiletries were replaced. I can’t fault the hotel, we have been looked after and nothing was too much trouble for anybody. The hotel is slightly dated but fully functional for our needs. we could not ask for anything better. We stayed at the Days in for a week doing night work in the area, because we left early it meant we missed breakfast every morning although it was paid for by our company, the staff went out of their way to ensure we had something to eat either from returning from shift or by making us a sandwich to take to work each day. Everyone we came in contact with were friendly and helpful. Our rooms were cleaned every day and fresh towels and toiletries were replaced. I can’t fault the hotel, we have been looked after and nothing was too much trouble for anybody. The hotel is slightly dated but fully functional for our needs.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2018

From the moment i walked into the DULL reception lobby i was greeted by a young blonde lady she was very polite and friendly and changed my room to a downstairs one as there was no lift and i could not carry my bags up the stairs, (I did try to call the hotel to inform them this would be the case but i kept getting no response, The lady did inform me that unfortunately the phone downstairs had a loose wire and was not working for the time being but they had a new one on the way. When i got to my room i wasn’t dissappointed but i wasn’t impressed it was just your average room, What can i say for £69 a night. One thing that does need to change is the shower as it has no pressure what so ever . My room was clean although i was shocked it had been cleaned as the following morning all i heard was the cleaners complain about being there. Moving onto breakfast and the restaurant area, The restaurant itself is disgusting it needs a good mop and a deep clean, there was stains on table cloths and rotten food in the bin also from where the windows had been open there was a lot of flies which wasn’t pleasant. The staff in the restaurant where miserable and unhygienic. I was greeted by a tall female member of staff who didn’t seem to be in any for of particular uniform not only was she very moody she also smelt like an ashtray this was unpleasant as i was ordering my breakfast and hoping it wouldn’t be served with a stench like that.
The food was ok but could tell the sausages were not freshly made that morning or they had just been sat on the side for a while. I could hear the chef from outside the kitchen also moaning about being there (HIRE STAFF WHO ARE MOTIVATED TO BE THERE!!!).
I went over to the ‘bar’ in the evening to get a glass of wine, My glass was dirty and looked as if it hadn’t be cleaned the man who served me apologised and got me a new one. There was no bottled water, still or sparkling.
The hall ways smelt old and damp.
Check out the next morning was fine but i will not be staying at this hotel again which is a shame as its only a 10 minute drive from my new job in St.Neots. This would have been a very convenient hotel for me to stay in 3 nights a week.

I think the management really needs to up its game or even be changed to let this hotel succeed.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank simpsonm47
Nadine W, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mrs Simpson.

Thank you for your feedback in relation to your recent stay, I am sorry to hear that you encountered some issues during your stay. I have taken on board all your comments and I am currently completing my own in house investigation.
We are currently undergoing a full refurbishment for our bedrooms and public areas. It would appear that you stayed in one of our non refurbished rooms.

We have daily cleaning schedules in place which are completed and we rote staff on a daily basis in order to give our best service to our guests.

Thank you for your feedback, we value all feedback in order to help us provide a better service in future.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My sister and I stayed for two nights at this hotel (between 5th and 6th of September). From check-in to check-out, we were very well looked after. The reception staff were exceptionally friendly and hospitable - nothing was too much trouble. All of the staff were accommodating & friendly, but I reserve special praise for our waiter. We stayed for dinner on both nights - there was plenty of choice for the main menu and a wide selection of desserts. Both rooms were cleaned to very high standard and the beds were comfortable too. We had a comfortable, relaxing two nights sleep and a delicious breakfast. All in all, a lovely pleasant stay. Thank you for making us feel welcome.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Nadine W, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Thomas.

Thank you so much for sharing your very kind comments in regards to your recent stay. I am very pleased to see that all aspects of the hotel and facilities exceeded your expectations.

I have shared your comments with my team who are delighted with the feedback. Thank you so much for taking the time on order to share your comments.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Although 2 of the staff were very helpful they couldn't hide the fact the place is a joke. Rooms were ok although we did have to swap but was no problem. No cooked breakfast available 1st morning although pre booked , severe lack of staff most of the time with serving staff loudly moaning about who was doing what. No tap lager in a very limited bar and had to search for someone as always unmanned (might sound it important but this was a wedding reception) Same problem in venue bar with no tap lager although cans were offered as a substitute at £2.50 a go! Despite all this the reception went brilliantly with the food offered very good. Reception very unhelpful about lack of pre booked breakfast and I left without paying for our evening meal until some compensation is arranged. This is a very poorly managed hotel imo as said so bad was funny and we did have a great weekend

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark W
Nadine W, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you for your comments in regards to your recent stay, I am sorry to hear that we did not meet all your expectations on this occasion. We did have a tap down this weekend for one of our beer lines, however it was only in the conference facility - the hotel lines were all fully functional.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not have full cooked breakfast on one of the mornings you stayed, looking at your folio we did actually give you FREE continental breakfast. The reason for not serving a full English on one of the mornings was down to an electrical fault, we had an electrician out on the same morning and the fault was rectified. At the time of the event, a free breakfast was deemed acceptable by yourself and family, therefor we feel that we offered a gesture of good will whilst still on site.

We sincerely do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

The room was adequate but the fixtures and fittings and particularly the carpet had seen better days. One of our rooms had received a superficial makeover, which did little to improve it and disappointingly there was no hot water for the morning shower. In the bar there was a lack of choice of drinks not helped by the fact that one of the fridges was acting like an oven. The restaurant should have been busy on a Saturday night, as implied by the information pack in the room but we were the only diners. Food was a long time coming and in the kitchen there were raised voices reminiscent of a scene from "Fawlty Towers". However, when it arrived the food was very good. Overall it is not somewhere I could recommend.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank K3526VMstephenb
Nadine W, General Manager at Days Inn Sandy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments in regards to your recent stay. I am sorry that the some aspects of the hotel did not fully meet your expectations. As mentioned we are currently undergoing a full refurbishment, however the project is still ongoing and not completed as of yet.
The reason for the restaurant not being busy is that we had the hotel booked for a wedding on the Saturday evening with only a hand full of leisure guests on Saturday, hence why it may have appeared that you were the only ones in the restaurant - we were indeed feeding 120 guests in our conference facility on the evening in question.

We are sorry to hear that food took some time to come out. We prepare everything fresh on site therefor a small wait worth it as you mention in your review that the food was of good quality.

Thank you for your time and feedback.