“amazing holiday !”

Ranked #14 of 25 Icmeler B&B and Inns
Dundee, United Kingdom
“amazing holiday !”
Reviewed 21 August 2012

we have just returned from a 2 week stay at the siesta hotel icmeler 4th-18th august and a brilliant time was had by all! myself and my husband , our 2 teenage sons and one of their friends . this hotel was very clean , staff very freindly and the food top notch . we where also very lucky that a really nice mix of people stayed at the hotel at the same time as us and the the staff where fun , friendly and very helpful , ram and tanner to name just a couple. we had maid service everyday which was great and a few members of the staff did a traditional turkish night which was a highlight for us . icmeler is such a beautiful place lots to see and lots to do and we would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who made our holiday extra special !

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank POPPY196912
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2012

If you are an easy-going person, you will love the Siesta and everything it has to offer. However, if you are going to this hotel expecting the Hilton, this may not be for you.

I, a 20 year-old student, went with my parents, aged 52 and 54, to the Siesta for the first time on 19th June 2012 for a week all-inclusive. We got to the hotel the early hours of the morning, around 2am, after having a delayed flight. We were greeted by the receptionist and another friendly member of staff who took our bags upstairs for us.
The Room
We had a first floor room facing the hotel pool and I was at first surprised by the size of the room. But after getting a good night’s sleep, I could see that once the cases were under the beds and we’d unpacked, the room was perfectly sufficient for us. There is a long shelf above the double/twin bed to put clothes on as well as a wardrobe so the three of us didn’t struggle for storage. The air-con in the room is free and if you wish to have use of the fridge or the safety deposit box, they have a charge, payable at reception, of 21 lira each for these amenities for the week. This is about £7-£8 so a reasonable price in my opinion. Ladies, there is a hair dryer in the bathroom, so you don’t need to bring your own. The bathroom is again compact, but has all the necessities.
The Hotel
By the reception, there is a computer for use by guests for a small charge, a free pool table and a book shelf with various books left by other customers for you to enjoy. The hotel has free Wi-Fi for guests, which is a luxury in England, never mind Turkey so I was surprised the hotel offered this!
The outside restaurant area is really pretty, with a water fountain in the corner.
The Pool
The actual pool size was fine, I wasn’t doing any Olympic swimming so was happy to just be able to cool off after being suitably cooked on the sun bed! We got sun beds every day and didn’t get up at 7am to claim them, so finding a sun bed isn’t a problem.
The Food
Meal Times are Breakfast: 07:30-10:00, Lunch: 12:30-13:30, Snack: 15:00-16:00 and Dinner: 19:30-21:30.
We’re the type of family who try any food so we were content with the different tastes and flavours on offer. We were there for a week and were quite happy with the variation presented.
Breakfast was a typical continental affair with cold meats, cheeses and cereals. There was bread, scrambled or boiled eggs and beans available if you wanted something hot.
Lunch and Dinner were similar. There was a different soup, with bread, at every meal and chips are always out for the fussy eaters. There was lots of salads offered, with usually 3 or 4 hot dishes containing meat, fish, vegetables, pasta or rice. If you still had room, there were some desserts to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Every day at 3pm, you can see the guests preparing for burger time. I don’t even eat burgers at home but loved these ones. Sometimes my dad and I shared a burger and chips so we didn’t feel fat!
The Drink (Very Important to the British)
The All-Inclusive Drinks run from 10:00-23:00 and include all soft drinks, coffee, tea, house wine, local beer (Efes) and local spirits. You have to pay for bottled water and any branded spirits like Smirnoff for example. My parents drank the wine and they said it was ok. Not the best they’ve ever had but you know, it’s free. I’m a vodka drinker (staying true to my student roots) and the local vodka with diet coke was my regular order.
The Staff: The best thing about this hotel!
You’ve heard it before in other reviews, but the staff make this hotel. Somebody said that the staff were rude, which we never experienced, and in my opinion, people treat you how you treat them. The staff are so friendly and will do anything to help you. Every day they ask how you are and always have a smile on their face. They work very long hours and I’m not sure I could smile for that long! Taner in the restaurant always came over and said hi and helped us with some basic Turkish like hello and thank you. Last but not least, the bar staff. They certainly made me smile, with their cocktail making and sparkler dancing. Echo was my favourite, he always had a cheeky smile for me and we would have lots of banter with each other every night.
The Area
Icmeler is a lovely place that a bit quieter than it’s neighbour Marmaris, but still has a lively nightlife with many bars open ‘til late and 2 nightclubs, Eastenders and Ambiance. If you’re not a party-all night-type, there’s lots to do in the day too. Local markets, boat trips, Jeep Safari and many other trips can be booked from various stalls on the main roads. I really have to recommend a Turkish bath, which if you get at the beginning of the holiday, makes you get a better tan! They scrub you, exfoliating your skin, with some packages including a massage too.

I loved this hotel so much I went back on my own in July for a week and had a fantastic time all over again. The friendliness of the staff made me feel safe and I just got chatting to other guests at the hotel. There were a lot of people (myself included) that were returning to the Siesta and I think this just shows what a gem this hotel is. This is the first hotel I’ve been to where I believe I could return year upon year and never get bored. My parents also loved the place and the three of us are booked in again in September!
Any questions or queries, please message me and i'll be happy to help.
If you’ve already booked the Siesta, you’ll have an amazing time. If you haven’t booked yet, what are you waiting for?!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
27 Thank Vicky D
falkirk
Reviewed 12 August 2012

After a long and tiring journey to get here we finally arrived at hotel, first impressions were good we were greeted by 2 young freindly staff who checked us in quick ,gave us our 3 room keys which was on the 3rd floor and told us to make our way up and they would bring up cases, we all started to make our way up the stairs which were drab and tired looking and the corriders were no any better got to our rooms which was good as we were all next to each other, i opened mine first and i could have cried as you could not swing a cat and had one small wardrobe for the 3 of us, went over to check my daughter and her freind and they had no electricity, my mum and her freind's door wasn,t locking and the handle fell off the door,first thought i have brought the family to Faulty Towers, eventually we got things sorted to do us to the morning, my daughter and her freind were moved to another room along the corrider, we woke up early as i hardly slept a wink thinking of what i had brought my family to,had i look out the balcony and we had a fantastic view this cheered me up a little, then i noticed the air conditioner box which was leaking and flooding the foor, we all went down for breakfast before unpacking,which was fine and the staff were very polite and freindly, got every thing sorted at reception and was all sorted very quick, i went on to unpack and realised room was not as bad as first thought as we had a full length shelf above our bed which was great as had all my sons and husbands day clothes on it, and there was plenty room for shoes and a dresssing table for getting ready, and the suitcases fitted under the bed so room didnt feel as bad.took us a couple of days to settle in but started to really enjoy our holiday, to cut a long story short the staff at this hotel were the best we have had and we have been in many hotels all over the world,they couldnt do enough for you and they always had a smile on there faces , even in the heatwave late 40s every day,food wasn't fantastic but there was always something we could eat, Taner and Ekrim were our favourites but all the others were fab 2, overall we all had a lovely time staying at the hotel Siesta and i am sure if you are booked to come here in the future you will have a great time.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank gwcut
Reviewed 11 August 2012

First and foremost, let's remind ourselves that it's a 3* hotel. Like previous reviewers have said, you need to temper your expectations accordingly.

The hotel itself is good, communal areas are clean and welcoming. The pool, bar and restaurant areas are lovely, clean and well maintained. The room itself was perfectly adequate, though the colour scheme was a little dated this did not impact on what was a great holiday!! Alot of people seem to bang on about the rooms, but they were perfectly adequate for what we needed. You only need them for sleep and showers!

Food was really good!! We were all inc. which I think was a good choice as eating out in turkey can be a little expensive if you don't know where to look. Breakfast was a little repetitive until we were inducted into the lucrative 'omlette club'. Lunch was always great, a good mix of fresh salads and hot food. Likewise in the evening. Always plenty of it, always tasty. Restaurant staff were great too, friendliest in the hotel in my humble opinion.

We ate out on the last night as a treat, and went to Kerem, which is next to the canal. Look it up, it was 11/10 awesome.

Whilst in turkey, go for a Turkish bath and go to Dalyan. Both were awesome. And beware 'free' sunbeds. We found this meant you were obligated to buy overpriced drinks, and the prices seemed to change every day. (At Coco beach).

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Wheresmegoggles
Middlesbrough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2012

fantastic hotel staff very friendly and helpful, rooms a liitle dated but ideal to sleep and wash, spending days around the pool and on outings who cares what the room is like.........food is spot on good seletion each day and plenty off it all staff are great, in a good location close to the beach,shops and reasturants, you get what you pay for so dont expect 5* if you dont pay 5* prices. overall had a fantastic time in this hotel and will definatly be going again in 2013

Steph and Craig, Middlesbrough, England

Room Tip: a pool facing room