“Welcome Home”
Moonlight Terrace Cafe
Our Famous Scones on the Terrace
Tips to Toes Hair Beauty and Nail Salon
Venue for Weddings and Parties
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

LordPante...
Pontypool, United Kingdom
“Welcome Home”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Why my review is entitled ‘Welcome Home’? Because that’s what it feels like from the moment you arrive at the Moonlight. There’s someone there to meet you, day or night, to offer you some refreshment (be it tea, coffee or even a beer) before showing you to your room.
When you get to your room you will find it wonderfully proportioned for the size of room booked. We had a one bedroom apartment which the two of us used, but it could comfortably suit a family of four. On the ground floor of the apartment was a kitchen/diner/living room (the large sofa, doubling up as a double bed) with a balcony overlooking the main street. On the second floor was the main bedroom with a bathroom comprising sink, toilet and walk in shower.
So, you’ve settled in and unpacked your stuff. Depending on your time of arrival it may be off to bed for a few hours or down to the Moonlight’s café/bar to relax or down to the private pool for a swim. Whichever, it won’t be long before you meet the owner the lovely Joanne. This again is where you feel like you’ve been welcomed home. Joanne is warm and pleasant with a sunny smile and she immediately puts you at ease. Anything you want to know, she’ll tell you and help you get settled as she says ‘My Home is Your Home’.
So here you are staying at the Moonlight what else can you expect? Your apartment will be cleaned almost daily with fresh linen on the beds and clean towels to use. The lovely lady who cleans even did our washing up!! The kitchen/diner is equipped with all the essentials so if you want to cook and prepare your own food you’re able to. At the back of the apartments is the private pool with plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas for all. The Moonlight also has its own café/bar and restaurant plus kebab house, so if you want to grab a bite to eat around the pool, or a refreshing drink, just place your order and it’ll soon be with you.
The Moonlight is situated on the main street in Hisaronu with a Dolmus (bus) stop right outside where you can catch one to get down to the beach at Olu Deniz or take a ride into Fethyie city for the renowned Tuesday market. Being centrally located it’s not a long walk to any of the other bars and restaurants you may choose to use or to sample the shops and ‘haggle’ for that bargain.
All in all my experience at the Moonlight was fantastic. I have been staying there for over five years now and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Liked best: The Owners
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Donna W
Hastings, United Kingdom
“2* hotel trying to be a 4*”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

on arrival rooms were not clean, bins still full, dirty linen. Daughter who was in charge was not helpful. website shows items in every room but not actually there ( airers, irons etc ) when we asked many times for these things we were told we could not have them and would have to use a communal airer when available!! Rooms were very noisy until 5am every morning, again not quiet as advertised. When we did see owner Jo, she was very un-approachable and argumentative. Paid for private transfer but ended up picking up some turkish family and dropping them off somewhere! Would never stay here again, apartments are definately NOT worth the £40 a day charge

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: day trips away from the hotel
Liked least: having to keep asking for things that should have already been there
Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
1 Sep 2014
Thank you for your feedback. As a small family run business, feedback is unreservedly welcomed, both appreciative and constructive. I would like to respond to this guests comments in the order they have been addressed in their post. 1. In the 20 plus years we have been running this business, I have never received any negative comments regarding our cleanliness. Infact cleanliness is one of the areas the accommodation always scores highly in previous posts. I would also like to clarify that any issues addressed directly with me were resolved immediately. 2. My daughter was covering for me for a few days as I had an emergency family issue in England, which resulted in me having to return to the UK immediately, I did warn and apologize to this customer, that I wouldn't be there to welcome them. This is not my daughters profession but again any issues raised with her were dealt with immediately. 3. Washing and Ironing. - if this guest had of discussed this with me, I would of advised her that she only needed to leave her washing in a pile in front of the washing machine in her room, where our housekeeper would have then laundered, dried and returned them back to their room, at no extra cost. This is a service I provide to all my guests upon request. 4. Noisy Rooms. - As clearly advertised on both holidaylettings and ownersdirect , our accommodation is in the centre of Hisaronu. Unfortunately, I have no control over livestock, mosque and other guests. With that said, I have rarely had this issue raised with my by other guests. 5. The comments regarding me being unapproachable and aggressive I feel are unjustified. I only met with this guest on 2 occasions when she did not raise any of these concerns with me, infact she informed me she was happy with her accommodation. If she had, I would have ensured that all of her concerns were addressed and resolved. In conclusion, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here with us and I hope that my responses above alleviate some of your concerns. If you had raised your issues with me at the time, then I am sure I could have improved your experience.
Wishaw201...
North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
“Exactly as described”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Just returned for the Moonlight and cannot think of anything to complain about.
Jo arranged our transfers and was always about should we have required any assistance or help.
Will definitely return.

Liked best: location
Liked least: had to move furniture about to enable us to watch TV but really an issue
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
Patricia...
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Clean and comfortable, good location”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 for a stay in June 2013
person found this review helpful

Visited the Moonlight with my husband and despite its central location it was pretty peaceful, the pool area is at the back of the apartments and is quiet, clean and has plenty of sunbeds, the Moonlight is owned by Jo Savaci, and attached to the family restaurant, so if your not into cooking you dont have to venture far for food, the apartments are spotless and the cleaner who I understand is also a family member is a lovely lady who even hung our washing up for us when we were out, the apartment we were in had a few stairs but If thats a problem they have lower floor apartments. They are located right in the centre of Hisaronu, within walking distance of everything, including to catch the dolmas to Oludeniz or Fethiye, Jo and family were helpful and on hand if you needed help, it was also a treat to have a water chiller in the apartment for a few extra pounds, there is a fridge, air conditioning and everything you need for a self catering holiday, would definitely go back, only reason we haven't is they were booked up in the weeks we asked for, hope to stay again

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
alis0nr0s...
London, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 30 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
people found this review helpful

Just back from a week at these apartments. They are lovely apartments right in the centre of Hisaronu so within easy walking distance to everything. The apartments are lovely, clean and spacious and the pool area big, no problem with getting a sunbed in September. The only thing I would say if you are quite tall maybe one of the apartments not in the roof would be better as the shower space is a bit tight. The food was great in the restaurant and all the staff were very friendly and accomodating, helping you out with trips etc and where to go on the island. Can highly recommend this place

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$ 42
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing