I am staying in the Premium apartments at the Denia La Sella Golf Resort and Spa.
We decided that, this evening, we would like to eat at one of the three advertised restaurants at the resort. Our first choice was to eat in the resort's Thai restaurant, as we had heard good reports about it.
Unfortunately, the Thai restaurant is only open Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, at thi time of year.
It then transpires that the only eating option at this, supposedly, five star establishment is the main restaurant. However, when we arrive there, we are told that the only dining option available is a self-service buffet.
This is a Sunday evening, at eight o'clock, when there are not too many alternatives available. To make matters much worse, as soon as we are shown to our table, a group of sixty Finnish senior golfers arrive to have dinner, using the same buffet.
We had to wait forty five minutes between our first and second courses, while the entire Finnish golf group swarmed around the buffet and queued for their main courses to be cooked.
Having eaten a pretty average self-service buffet, we were charged Euros 27.50 per head for the privilege.
Firstly, it is outrageous that a five star hotel, advertising three different restaurants, only offers a cold buffet with self service grill options.
Secondly, when we complained to the hotel reception, we were told that we could have opted for the menu del dis option, though this was not offered us when we arrived in the restaurant.
Thirdly, I do understand that this is a golf resort and that they need to cater for groups of golfers to make their money during the winter months. But, to swamp the only restaurant in service with such a large number of one group, shows an incredible disregard for the interests of other guests.
I will not only not return to this resort, I will note using ANY of their facilities during the remainder of my stay.
I am filled with trepidation regarding how they are going to manage the playing activities of such a large group of Finnish golfers during the coming week. The last time that I played behind a group of Scandinavian golfers in Spain was last year, at Val d'Este and they took four and a half hours to complete nine holes.
This could be a very long week !!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Denia La Sella Golf Resort & Spa offers 5 star luxury comfort in a quiet environment and surrounded by Mediterranean nature adjacent to the Montgó Natural Park and at only a few minutes driving distance from Denia or Javea (Costa Blanca /Province Alicante).The hotel has 178 comfortable guest rooms and 8 Junior Suites with a tasteful classic design, warm colours and Mediterranean elements. The bathrooms with marble floor have a bathtub/shower combination, towel heater, hair dryer, magnifying mirror and bidet. All rooms are equipped with satellite TV, telephone, air conditioning, in room safe, minibar (a la carte on demand), iron and ironing board, work desk and wifi for free. The hotel includes two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Prestigia so you can book your Denia La Sella Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Denia La Sella Golf Resort And Spa
- Marriott Denia La Sella Golf Hotel Denia
- Marriott Denia La Sella Hotel
- Denia Marriott