“Best Kept Secret”

Add it.
Casa Antigua
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Way down at the end of a shopping mall is Jose and Casa Antigua and it's worth the effort to find it. If you're a Mexican food lover stop in and see Jose. Every item fresh every day and cooked to order in the spotless kitchen, so don't be in a hurry. The salsa, cheeses and sauces are what sets this restaurant above other offerings. The help yourself salsa and chip bar is the best in the area, replenished often so all items are fresh and cold. The service might be New York cutting edge but more than adequate, but who cares, the food is great and the prices are more than reasonable. Jose will not disappoint you.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

We were en route between Colorado and Phoenix, looking for dinner, saw this restaurant on TA, but were a little hesitant given the limited number of reviews. But Casa Antigua lives up to it's reputation for excellent mexican food. The chips/salsa bar is a nice touch too. It's not far from the freeway, definitely worth the short drive.

1  Thank mdmss
Reviewed 14 April 2012

You would expect Arizona to have good Mexican food, and this restaurant does not disappoint. It is a family-run place and the food is homemade. If you like chips and salsa before your meal, you have to help your self at the chips-and-salsa bar -- they don't bring them to your table. The salsas are not hot, but the two we tried were tasty -- even the one marked "hot" would be considered mild at many Mexican restaurants. Many people do not realize that not all Mexican cuisine is hot and spicy -- the spiciness depends on the region of Mexico. The service was good and the food was excellent, overall. My chili relleno was homemade by the owner's wife and I was fortunate to get the last one before they ran out. My wife had shrimp enchiladas -- crammed full of shrimp (many restaurants skimp on the shrimp, but not Casa Antigua). The frijoles (refried beans) were flavorful, not the bland paste that is often served and the rice had an interesting mix of minced vegetables thrown in. The sopapillas for dessert were satisfying, but not spectacular. We ate on a Friday evening and there was a steady stream of customers, though never any waiting for a table. The interior of the restaurant was clean and nicely decorated, though could have used a little fixing-up. This is a place we will return to.

1  Thank david-oberpriller
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is worth a trip to Camp Verde. We were trying to find good Mexican food, and after several 5's, this was a 10!!!! The Steak Rancheros and chimichangas are amazing. The mango marguarita is a must as well!

Reviewed 23 February 2012

My husband and I went to this cute little restaurant in the bashas parking lot right next to H&R block. It was the most amazing mexican food I have ever had. I am very picky about my mexican food being raised in a mexican family and this food was so amazing! They make their chips and salsa homemade, everything they make is made right then and oh my goodness it was so good! I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone and everyone! I have told all of my family and friends to go to this place and I am a very picky eater! If you are ever in Camp Verde and you're hungry go to Casa Antigua you wont regret it, it is worth every single penny and then some!